Other battery question

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
So there a lot I’d do and don’t and people the way people charge batteries to 80 % and then a 100 % just before they go out etc

so I am wondering I generally ride my bike only on Sunday and after a ride the bike has around 40 % left

so purely on MY personal use above am I better off

1/ come back and leave the battery on 40 % for the rest of the week then charge it once to 100% on the day I go (so only charging once per week )

2 / come back charge to 80 % then wait until the day I ride then charge to 100% (So two charging per week)

so without being to Technical which would be better for the battery please

Many thanks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
As you can say you can get very technical into this, but as a general rule you don't want to leave you battery fully charged or discharged for any significant period of time - personally if the battery is between 30% and 70% I leave it, and then charge it up fully the night before I go for a ride id I need to. If I have drained the battery I charge it up for a few hours when I get back so that is not empty.

I also always keep and charge my battery indoors, as the cold is not good for it.

Different brands have different guides on what percentage you should leave the battery when you are not going to use them for a while, which you can find on the technical info on their various websites.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles