Orbea wild head angle?

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
2022 orbea wild has a 65.5 degree head. Do these bikes come with a flip chip and if so what’s the head angle in the low position?
Thanks in advance.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
2022 orbea wild has a 65.5 degree head. Do these bikes come with a flip chip and if so what’s the head angle in the low position?
Thanks in advance.
There's no flip chip on the wild FS.

If you want it slacker you can fit an angle adjusting headset,like super star components sell.

I use a minus 2 degree headset on my wild FS, takes the head angle to 63.5 degrees, lowers the bottom bracket by a few mm, increases the reach by a few mm, and steepens the seat angle slightly.

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
There's no flip chip on the wild FS.

If you want it slacker you can fit an angle adjusting headset,like super star components sell.

I use a minus 2 degree headset on my wild FS, takes the head angle to 63.5 degrees, lowers the bottom bracket by a few mm, increases the reach by a few mm, and steepens the seat angle slightly.

Thanks for the reply! Really like the look of the Wild but the steep head angle puts me off. Is it possible to run them in a mullet?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
65.5 is not steep!!

ps if you slacken the head angle you DECREASE reach not increase it.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
65.5 is not steep!!

ps if you slacken the head angle you DECREASE reach not increase it.
nope - not correct in this instance - it does depend on the bike in question and its overall geo, but in the case of the wild it increases the reach slightly (but its a negligable amount really - not noticeable at all) - try it for yourself, run the numbers through this geo calculator and see.

geometryCalc (muha.cc)

have a read of this thread to for more details

(9) Angleset on an Orbea wild FS? - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles