Orbea Wild H25 Charging cover

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
I'm looking to purchase my first eMTB, and one that I'm interested in is the Wild H25, after watching a few Youtube reviews, which are very favourable, but a lot of reviewers comment on a poor bike charging point cover allowing water ingress. Is this a real issue, as living in South Wales, UK we do get our fair share of rain and damp rides.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've had a wild for over a year now (and located in North West England) . The cover does indeed appear to be a bit crap, but I haven't had any issues arising from water in the charging socket. I'm not saying water doesn't get in (it almost certainly does because the cover is little more than a mudflap), but it hasn't caused any problems.

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
I've had a wild for over a year now (and located in North West England) . The cover does indeed appear to be a bit crap, but I haven't had any issues arising from water in the charging socket. I'm not saying water doesn't get in (it almost certainly does because the cover is little more than a mudflap), but it hasn't caused any problems.

Thank You for your info.

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Mine is used all year round and a funny brown colour most of the time and at no point have i had an issues with the charge port cover

Top tip put electrical silicone grease in the port (all plugs and sockets as well)
It keeps things water resistant and also makes the cover easy to put back on.

Thank You for your tip. I have picked up the bike this evening and it is now in the conservatory looking clean, may have to get it dirty soon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles