Orbea Rise, replacement tyres

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Any thoughts on a rear tyre for my 2021 Rise, original rekon (not great) was swapped for the front dissector and this is looking very worn.
Looking for a general trail tyre, capable but not too soft. Not too soft, not too heavy a good all round tyre. Not a great amount of stock out there tbh.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
what tyre did you put up front ?

I ran mine with Dissector up front and DH2 on the rear and found it a great combo for loam and hard pack

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’m currently on Magic Mary / Big Betty on different wheelsets, and although they are great downhill in the mud, they’re very slow and hard work on the climbs compared to the Dissector / DH2 combo

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
I really liked the Rekon and Dissector, but during winter have been using Spec Butcher T9 front and rear. Now I have Vittoria Barzo and Mezcal in TNT ready for spring.

Don’t over tyre guys! Light and playful thats why you chose the Rise right!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I’m currently on Magic Mary / Big Betty on different wheelsets, and although they are great downhill in the mud, they’re very slow and hard work on the climbs compared to the Dissector / DH2 combo
Bbbbbut they also won’t puncture as easily and have more grip on the slippy stuff although still never enough :)

SteveTTT

Mar 15, 2022
Hampshire, UK
My mate has Assegais front and rear on his Trance (it came like that) and they are wearing well.
My Trance has Assegai front, Dissector rear. 1300 miles on lots of flinty trails, very little wear on the Assegai but the Dissector on the back is nearly goosed.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I am using Conti Kryptotal front & rear in trail form with rear insert in woods over tree routes etc 👍🏼 love them

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Any thoughts on a rear tyre for my 2021 Rise, original rekon (not great) was swapped for the front dissector and this is looking very worn.
Looking for a general trail tyre, capable but not too soft. Not too soft, not too heavy a good all round tyre. Not a great amount of stock out there tbh.
Ermmm I was swayed by Vittoria claims on low rolling resistance so went for the mazza e rated tyre.
Front ok in 2.6 put the same on the rear It was all over the place. Then noticed I’d put the poxy thing on backwards 🤦🏻‍♂️😄

Will report bavk when sorted but I’ve buggered me knee so will be a while. Not helpful that really is it 😬😄

Jul 30, 2021
Wales
I’m absolutely loving the continental kryptotals. Front and rear, not too heavy, loads of grip and very tough! I ride in a flint rich area and every tyre I’ve used up until now have had a load of punctures.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
I swapped the "instant death on anything other than dry" factory tyres for a MM/BB combo in soft compound. They are draggier but it's an ebike so...?? Only possible downside would be a bit of a hit to the range, but went out yesterday without fully charging and had more than enough for at least 40 miles with a mix of Eco/Trail and small amount on boost.

Jdz

Jan 2, 2022
LHC
I’m absolutely loving the continental kryptotals. Front and rear, not too heavy, loads of grip and very tough! I ride in a flint rich area and every tyre I’ve used up until now have had a load of punctures.
Looking at those kryptotals, which casing version did you go with? Trail, enduro or downhill?

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Currently running Schwalbe Super Gravity Magic Mary/Big Betty 29x2.4 Super Gravity tires. PIA to seat even with a compressor. I had MM/Eddy Current Rear 29x2.6 which were easier to install. Also running Tannus inserts. Normally run Maxxis on everything but trying something different for a bit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles