Orbea rise m20 tyre choice combo?

Ande 60

Mar 14, 2022
Uk
Will be changing the Maxxis Rekon rear tyre with the weather turning. What combo? Leave Maxxis Dissector on the front and get a rear specific tyre or swap the Dissector to the rear and get a front specific tyre? Ride mainly fire breaks,moorland,with the odd rock garden. Recommendations appreciated.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I kept the Dissector up front and put a DHR II on the rear. The Dissector has been a brilliant tyre all year. Mainly ride loam & hardpack loam

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
dissector is a great tyre, they just dont last long. I'm exploring other options with different brands as find the maxxis side knobs undercut in a matter of months. That said, I'm a big fan of DHF/Agressor combo on this bike.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
I was going to go 2.5 DHF up front and 2.4 DHR out back. This is what I've been running on my hardtail for ~3 years.

On advice from here, I went 2.5 DHF at the front and I moved the Dissector to the back.

Took a few descents to get used to the Dissector, it kept braking loose on corners which made my arse twitch like a rabbits nose initially. I wish I'd caught some of the drifts on camera, I'd have looked like a pro!

(none of them were deliberate)

Didn't take too long to remember that it wasn't a minion and I adjusted quite quickly.

Now that I'm used to it, I think the Dissector is a brilliant rear tyre. Probably a good front too although I haven't tried.

I think you always be hard pushed to beat a DHR on the back. There's traction, everywhere.

The Dissector however is genuinely a good tyre and it's faster rolling than the DHR.

If you go for the EXO Maxxterra is not overly heavy either. A good trail tyre that I wish I had tried earlier.

If you're riding rocky ground (up or down) then maybe something Maxxgrip but for normal use, I'd stick the dissector on the back and get either another dissector for the front (new one up front) or go DHF if you want a bit more grip at the front end.

Gismo6303

Sep 4, 2021
France
Mine is assegai front exo max terra (or max grip i don't remember) , rear is dissector exo+ max terra. Very good combo great grip in all terrain and corner. Ride in mud, garden rocks root sand and hard pack. Great rolling speed, a bit pedaling résistance but not too much.

Ande 60

Mar 14, 2022
Uk
Thanks everyone
Twitching days are over for me. Not for the first time have I read the dissector on the rear is a handful. Went for the dhr maxxgrip for peace of mind and leaving dissector up front.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Thanks everyone
Twitching days are over for me. Not for the first time have I read the dissector on the rear is a handful. Went for the dhr maxxgrip for peace of mind and leaving dissector up front.

If the Dissector is a handful, are you sure you want it up front? 😂

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Tire options are endless.
Here in loose, rocky front range Colorado, dissector on the rear is acceptable when brand new, but scary once it wears. And e-bike tires wear fast. When I bought my Rise, I immediately sold the Rekon, moved Dissector to rear and replaced the front with an Assegai

my favorite combo is 2.5 Assegai Exo+ front, and a Schwalbe eddy current (front) 2.4 on the rear. Traction and handling are superb. I suppose Eddy current (front) on the front works well too but I actually prefer the Assegai which digs through sand and loose gravel better.

Last edited:

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
I chose a different tire strategy. Specialized Grid Trail Butcher T9 at front wheel and Eliminator Grid trail T7 at back. Size is 2,3" but I have to say these are bigger. Maxxis 2,4" WT was not any bigger tire than these. The grip is immense, I have so much more confidence in fast corners. And the looks of tan wall tire 🥰

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles