Orbea Rise - Hardware / Mounting (sizes for Bolts, and etc)

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
Going to post this up here and will add as needed.

List of Hardware / Mounting (sizes for bolts and etc)

Mounting hardware for Rear Shock (manual is wrong)

Frame side - 8MM x 21.84mm

* Fox Hardware (IGUS Bushings) - Fox (803-03-279)
* Rockshox / Manitou (for DU Bushings) - RockShox (11.4118.091.807)

Yoke side - 8mm x 16.5mm

* Fox Hardware (IGUS Bushings) - ?
* Rockshox / Manitou (for DU Bushings) - Fox (803-03-062) - 8mm x 16.4 for DU Bushings.

EP8 Plastic Driver Cover Mounting Bolts

* M3 - 0.5mm pitch, 5mm length.

Last edited:

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
Does anybody know the size for the three screws for the EP8 plastic drive cover?

I believe they are M3 x 0.5 (thread pitch) with a length of either 4 of 5mm. Thinking about replacing them with stainless socket cap (Allen) screws for a few bucks.

Offset

Bushings
Jun 18, 2020
UK
To update this thread as the Orbea blue paper is wrong (2023 Rise one is correct) and there has been some confusion with customers requesting the size listed in the blue paper. Although the blue paper for the first gen Rise says 15.75 (here https://www.orbea.com/downloads/products/RISE_2021_BLUEPAPER_ES-EN.pdf) they're all using 16.5mm wide rear bushings.

2021/2022 and the new 2023 models use the same size shock bushings.

I think the Rise must be one of our most popular kits now. We offer standard shock hardware & offset (to adjust the geometry or allow a longer 216mm shock to be used to increase rear travel whilst maintaining stock geometry as best as possible).

Standard - Shock Bushings | Orbea Rise

Offset - Offset Bushings | Orbea Rise

If you need a bushing for just one end of the shock, we can do those. Just specify which end when ordering either of the below.

Standard single - Standard Bushing

Offset single - Offset Bushing

Hope that helps!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

iLuveKetchup

Dec 23, 2021
Big Apple
To update this thread as the Orbea blue paper is wrong (2023 Rise one is correct) and there has been some confusion with customers requesting the size listed in the blue paper. Although the blue paper for the first gen Rise says 15.75 (here https://www.orbea.com/downloads/products/RISE_2021_BLUEPAPER_ES-EN.pdf) they're all using 16.5mm wide rear bushings.

2021/2022 and the new 2023 models use the same size shock bushings.

I think the Rise must be one of our most popular kits now. We offer standard shock hardware & offset (to adjust the geometry or allow a longer 216mm shock to be used to increase rear travel whilst maintaining stock geometry as best as possible).

Standard - Shock Bushings | Orbea Rise

Offset - Offset Bushings | Orbea Rise

If you need a bushing for just one end of the shock, we can do those. Just specify which end when ordering either of the below.

Standard single - Standard Bushing

Offset single - Offset Bushing

Hope that helps!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings
Great to see you here! I bought a set of F/R offset bushing for my '22 Rise M10 (carbon). Unfortunately, the rear bushing does not work with the Fox Float X (standard shock on Rise m10). The yoke will hit the end of the shock's stantions. The front hardware (closer to fork) installs just fine and have been running it with out issue.

Sorry for the blurry photo. The bolt does not line up with the offset hole. I guess I can trim (dremmel) the yoke but...

52391212490_02e94ce973_c.jpg

By comparison, here is the spacing between the yoke and stantions with the OEM bushing. That spacing is less than 2mm.

52390785241_4aa03de94e_c.jpg

Last edited:

alex_o

Mar 13, 2023
Portugal
I have installed the Cascade linkage with stock Float X, and increased the fork travel to 160mm, which should have brought the head tube angle down to 65º.
I'm now thinking if using an offset bushing to bring the BB back down and slacken the front a bit further would be a good idea?
Also curious on the impact on the kinematics of the very progressive curve with the cascade link. any thoughts?

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Great to see you here! I bought a set of F/R offset bushing for my '22 Rise M10 (carbon). Unfortunately, the rear bushing does not work with the Fox Float X (standard shock on Rise m10). The yoke will hit the end of the shock's stantions. The front hardware (closer to fork) installs just fine and have been running it with out issue.

Sorry for the blurry photo. The bolt does not line up with the offset hole. I guess I can trim (dremmel) the yoke but...

52391212490_02e94ce973_c.jpg

By comparison, here is the spacing between the yoke and stantions with the OEM bushing. That spacing is less than 2mm.

52390785241_4aa03de94e_c.jpg
BAck a few years ago i had to do the same with a Specialized Enduro... it's not nice taking the dremel to parts, but sometimes it's needed.

Offset

Bushings
Jun 18, 2020
UK
I have installed the Cascade linkage with stock Float X, and increased the fork travel to 160mm, which should have brought the head tube angle down to 65º.
I'm now thinking if using an offset bushing to bring the BB back down and slacken the front a bit further would be a good idea?
Also curious on the impact on the kinematics of the very progressive curve with the cascade link. any thoughts?
Hi Alex, thanks for your question!

Sure, the Offset Bushing(s) will lower the BB and slacken the HA further than the extended fork already has. So if you want a closer to stock BB height and like a Rise with a slacker HA then that could be a great option for you. There's one way to find out!

Regarding the small kinematic changes, that's a question best asked to Cascade.

Hi iLuveKetchup,

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't seen this! Certain shocks will have less clearance than others which can depend on frame size too. That's the case for all bikes, not just the Rise. The X does indeed have less clearance than some others around the yoke area - you'll need 2mm of clearance for an Offset at that end. We can produce an Offset with less.. offset if one would like though.

Cheers!
Jeron @ Offset Bushings

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
I have run a fox float x with a 2mm offset bushing in the eyelet/basevalve side of the shock on my XL frame. I have tried it this way with both the cascade link and with the stock link. There is barely room for the float X to not hit my frame, maybe .5mm to 1mm at most.

I predominantly run the bike with the cascade link, a 2mm offset bushing in the link/yoke side and an 8.5x2.5 DHX2 with a 27.5 rear wheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles