Orbea Rise H15 stock brakes, ok or not?

rmd

Dec 18, 2022
U.S.A
Great Points! I will look closer at the clearances.. Last time I went down the path of isolating that crash - I wound up focusing on the lock ring which locks rotor to the hub. Then the bike is on the ground and you pull the brake lever hard and move the wheel there is slight movement. movement I compared to a buddies bike and it looked similar movement so I stopped there. I am thinking of trying a different pad, (I found a thread where something had kinda similar but they had lower grade resin pads). I will setup a better camera angle and run the wheel like you suggested on a stand and post as well as rocking the front wheel while on the ground with lever pulled tight to show .

Thank You

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Given that al your real braking is done on the front, its more a case of whats the max rotor your fork can handle, and you'll get that info from the fork manufacturers site. So most forks 200/203mm is going to be ok. Plus a 4 pot is going to be sufficient, as thats what most are using.
If you are a big fat fatty(like me at about 14+ stone), maybe a 220mm front would be better, but as above thats going to depend on whether or not the fork can take a 220mm

The stock fork is or should be a fox 36 performance, and the max rotor for that is 230mm.

If you want maximum stopping performance, coupled with best cooling, then Hope tech4 E or V4 along with a 220mm vented rotor will be more than enough. MORE THAN ENOUGH, because the vast majority of riders on this site are probably using 200/203mm or 220mm on standard rotors, and more than likely not Hope tech4 V4's, which are I would say in the top 5 brakes out there, and comparable to the basic trickstuff

If you feel that isnt enough, then buy a fucking anchor. Or take up knitting.

All parts of the bike are needed to be able to ride the damn thing, but only the brakes are going to stop you from dying or ending up in a wheelchair, so dont compromise on your own safety. You've spent thousands on the bike, why go cheap on the important stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles