Orbea Rise battery size

day_patrick01

Sep 8, 2023
Southern California
Hello all, just picked up my first e-mtb after 30 years of riding acoustic. This was a custom order 2023 M-10, that the purchaser decided he didn't want. I have a question for the bright minds here: how do I know what size battery is in the bike? The shop "thinks" it is 540wh, but the range it's giving me seems to be the 360wh. Is there someplace in the app that would say the watt hours of the battery? I did a shortish 15.6 mile ride with about 2k feet of climbing in an hour and ten minutes and used 70% of battery in 90% trail mode and I weigh 170. Just thought I'd have a greater range with the larger battery. Super fun bike, still dialing in the suspension. It's like a whole new sport. And yes, I know my battery door is open...
IMG_1751.jpeg

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Pretty sure the Shimano eTube app will tell you the capacity of the battery.

I'm about 160lbs and ride an H30 with the 504wH battery. I will easily double that ride (30 miles with 4000') and use about 70% of the battery if I leave it in trail.

I'd say you've got the 360wH battery.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’m way heavier than both of you guys and have the older 2021 Rise with the 360wH battery, but will get more range than that. I also have heavy Magic Mary / Big Betty tyres too which are quite draggy. For example, today I rode 23 miles and around 2600ft elevation and used about 80%. The climbs were all on fireroads though, and spent the first hour in Eco before moving up to Trail

Sounds like something isn’t quite right. Check all the settings in the app and perhaps turn everything down a notch or two

day_patrick01

Sep 8, 2023
Southern California
Very interesting, thanks for the replies. I'm trying to decide if I ask the shop to drop the motor and confirm size to confirm what is in there. Was hoping there would be non invasive way of doing it. I've searched through the e tube app and could not find anything.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
My bike has been charging so I couldn’t check earlier

Open the app and connect to your bike. Go to ‘Maintenance’ page

Where it shows the status of your battery, there should be a code next to it. My code is TPS-001-50SD - this is the code for the 360Wh battery

See what your code is and then search online to see if it’s the 504Wh (I don’t know the code for the 504!)

day_patrick01

Sep 8, 2023
Southern California
My bike has been charging so I couldn’t check earlier

Open the app and connect to your bike. Go to ‘Maintenance’ page

Where it shows the status of your battery, there should be a code next to it. My code is TPS-001-50SD - this is the code for the 360Wh battery

See what your code is and then search online to see if it’s the 504Wh (I don’t know the code for the 504!)
This is really helpful. So I went to that tab and it shows a code of EBT360-100SAI7F. The 360 has me thinking that's the size. I will report back as I find out more.

day_patrick01

Sep 8, 2023
Southern California
Ok update on this. I reached out to Orbea USA to be sure. If you give them the serial number on the bottom of the bike they can tell you what battery your bike shipped with. Turns out it was the 360Wh battery. The shop is throwing in a range extender for $100, so now I get the best of both worlds in the lighter bike and the longer range. I think I would still prefer the internal battery, but since a lot of my rides will be 25 miles or less, this will work.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ok update on this. I reached out to Orbea USA to be sure. If you give them the serial number on the bottom of the bike they can tell you what battery your bike shipped with. Turns out it was the 360Wh battery. The shop is throwing in a range extender for $100, so now I get the best of both worlds in the lighter bike and the longer range. I think I would still prefer the internal battery, but since a lot of my rides will be 25 miles or less, this will work.

Result! You’ll soon adapt to the Rise and instinctively learn how to use the power of the motor. For example, higher cadence equals more power, so if more range is required then lower the cadence. Eco mode still gets you up the climbs ok, just slightly slower. Once you’ve got used to it, you’ll end up turning down the assistance in the app, and increasing range as a result. It’s a fantastic bike, enjoy 👍🏽

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
I've got a 2021 M10 with the 360 wh battery and your numbers look right for that battery size. Having the extender is now the best of both worlds. Your bike is lighter when you aren't doing epic rides but you have the option of the extender to stretch things out a bit. Enjoy it. They are great bikes.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Hello all, just picked up my first e-mtb after 30 years of riding acoustic. This was a custom order 2023 M-10, that the purchaser decided he didn't want. I have a question for the bright minds here: how do I know what size battery is in the bike? The shop "thinks" it is 540wh, but the range it's giving me seems to be the 360wh. Is there someplace in the app that would say the watt hours of the battery? I did a shortish 15.6 mile ride with about 2k feet of climbing in an hour and ten minutes and used 70% of battery in 90% trail mode and I weigh 170. Just thought I'd have a greater range with the larger battery. Super fun bike, still dialing in the suspension. It's like a whole new sport. And yes, I know my battery door is open...
View attachment 124803
Send an email to orbea with the serial number and they should know the original specs. BTW—nice looking bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles