Orbea Rise 2021 model vs 2022

catalin.dragosh

Nov 15, 2022
Barcelona
Hi all,

I am looking into getting my first emtb and I have been checking the Orbea Rise M10 and M20 for a while.

I see on websites the 2021 M10 model is cheaper than the 2022 model. The shop assistans tell me that they are identical models.

Does anyone know if there is any reason to not go for the older model?

Could the battery have Less life? Because the battery has been sitting idle for one year?

Maybe the motor is an older/worse version?

Any ideas and tips would be welcome.

Thank you.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Your points might be valid, is the price that much different? If you are talking a few hundred dollars I would go with the newer… Shimano had some problems with their spindles in 21 (from personal experience) that I hope they fixed by 22..

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Motors are the same. I wouldn't worry too much about the battery. With the demand there has been, these bikes won't have been sitting around too long and as long as the battery hasn't been constantly charged up to max, it won't suffer by being idle like a lead battery would. That's one of the benefits of lithium based battery technology. Whatever the saving, I'd haggle for a bit more though just to make you feel better.

catalin.dragosh

Nov 15, 2022
Barcelona
Thank you for the answers. the difference is price is about 350 euros.

Also checking in Barcelona, where I live, the price difference between an M10 and M20, the difference is about 1400 euros, which I am not sure if it justifies the Fox 36 Factory fork and suspension and Shimano XT drive train and breaks.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
If you like to do your own upgrades get the 20, if you are one to leave the big parts alone the value is with the 10 but they are both great

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
If you like to do your own upgrades get the 20, if you are one to leave the big parts alone the value is with the 10 but they are both great
Bang on.I wanted an M10 but not available.Drive train is seen as consumable and SLX has been excellent but I've had to upgrade the brakes and the Fox34 is a little flexible at times so might be the next upgrade.

catalin.dragosh

Nov 15, 2022
Barcelona
Putting on paper the price difference between the M10 and M20 components I can barely pass the 1000 euros difference. But if I go for the M20 for sure I will want to go for the Fox36 and the 4 piston XT8120 break system which will be an investment of around 1200 euros (if I don't manage to sell the M20 components)
So for me it also makes sense M10 on paper, but I am not sure I can justify to myself such an expensive purchase :unsure:

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
FWIW, I typically buy the cheapest bike I can get with the suspension that I want and the best quality frame. I purchased an m20 myself... mostly because that was in stock. However, I was able to sell most of the parts off of my oem build and basically build myself an m10 and I ended up coming in under the cost of an m10 and with far better parts.

The only real annoying part of that whole process was sourcing the rear shock with the right tune. The good news is that there are plenty of people taking off fox float x's in the same size as the rise (210x50 - 210x52.5 and 210x55 - These are all the same shocks, but just with a easily removable travel reducer in them).

This is the one thing that makes the h15 so appealing... getting the fox 36 and the float x right off the bat fixes the most annoying thing about upgrading the m20. It would be awesome if there were an m15 that had the 36 performance and a fox float x performance... but I assume that would basically cannibalize the m10 sales by quite a bit.

catalin.dragosh

Nov 15, 2022
Barcelona
FWIW, I typically buy the cheapest bike I can get with the suspension that I want and the best quality frame. I purchased an m20 myself... mostly because that was in stock. However, I was able to sell most of the parts off of my oem build and basically build myself an m10 and I ended up coming in under the cost of an m10 and with far better parts.

The only real annoying part of that whole process was sourcing the rear shock with the right tune. The good news is that there are plenty of people taking off fox float x's in the same size as the rise (210x50 - 210x52.5 and 210x55 - These are all the same shocks, but just with a easily removable travel reducer in them).

This is the one thing that makes the h15 so appealing... getting the fox 36 and the float x right off the bat fixes the most annoying thing about upgrading the m20. It would be awesome if there were an m15 that had the 36 performance and a fox float x performance... but I assume that would basically cannibalize the m10 sales by quite a bit.
I have been thinking about doing this also, buying an M20 and changing at least the fork suspension and breaks, but if i do not manage to sell the M20 components replaced for a good price, it would make more sense to buy the M10.

Where did you sell yours? ebay? Do they go fast?

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
Thank you for the answers. the difference is price is about 350 euros.

Also checking in Barcelona, where I live, the price difference between an M10 and M20, the difference is about 1400 euros, which I am not sure if it justifies the Fox 36 Factory fork and suspension and Shimano XT drive train and breaks.
I did the M10 and have loved it. Is my favorite bike by far. With that said, I have often wondered if I would even notice the difference if it were a 20. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either but I can attest that the M10 is a great ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles