Optibike R22, 3,240wh battery!

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Optibike is the brainchild brand of Jim Turner the brother of Paul Turner who started RockShox. They were one of the first on the bus making mid drive ebikes as early a 2010 or so. Always were expensive as boutique brand bikes are but have survived all these years and this is their latest creation.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 8.37.08 PM.png

If this bike doesn't speak "Merica F yeah" then I don't know what does. Over powered @ 1700w cont, 2500w peak, 190nm torque and a huge 3,240wh battery and a stratospheric pricetag of USD $18k one has to wonder who the target customer for this bike is for? Perhaps that dude Simon that keeps falling off?

The only Optibikes I have ever seen in the wild here in the US were 12 yrs or so ago. I was in my yard and I heard a very definite loud electric motor buzz coming up the hill I lived and I peaked over the fence to see a couple ride by on theirs. Back in the day there was alot of contention about them due to their pricing @ $8-10k per copy but that was just a foreshadow of the future of eBike costs?

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Interesting 😯
Powerstorm-motor-right-800x600.jpg

A motor, designed in Colorado (Powerstorm MBB).

I'll be sure to check these guys out, as I've not heard of them before 👊🏿

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Ha Neeko, they have other models with that motor also it appears? Unless they have quieted it down somehow it is a very loud motor but apparently very powerfull @ 190nm!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles