IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

IMG_3643.jpeg

IMG_3644.jpeg

Product name: OneUp V2 Tool, Threadless Carrier, Pump
Price paid: $172
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: Tools are pretty much a necessity. For years, my kit has varied between minimalist and full-blown survivalist. Simplification of the load-out reduces the chance of forgetting something, as well as making my life easier. I decided it was time to explore some of these newfangled tool-storage systems that utilize hollow cranks, handlebars, and steerer tubes. I finally chose the OneUp V2 EDC system. My initial plan was to get by with just the steerer tube, but ended up with the pump, as well.

If you're not familiar, I'll try to spell it out. On your existing steerer tube, you remove the star nut and replace it with a special carrier that also doubles as a holder for your tool kit. The tool kit holds a multitool, a chain breaker, spoke wrench, tire lever, and quick link. There's a little capsule that is almost too small to be useful, so I stuck a presta valve guts in it because I couldn't think of anything else to put in there.

The pump... I don't LIKE to carry a pump, but common sense says that it's wise to carry one in the wilderness. But the pump handle is hollow, so it holds extra gear. I fit a CO2 cartridge in there. The pump's nozzle can be removed and will double as a CO2 injector. There's more room for storage in the pump, but it's small. The challenge was figuring out how to carry a plug kit. OneUp's solution wouldn't work for me. I couldn't find a plug kit that would fit. However, my Genuine Innovations plug kit was close. The diameter of the cap is too big, so I turned it down so it would fit inside the pump. The overall length is also excessive. But the last 3/8" of the kit is merely a presta valve wrench, so I cut it off. Now I have a mini-Genuine Innovations plug kit that fits inside the OneUp Pump.

All my tools in one place, all the time. Interestingly, I got to utilize both systems yesterday. One rider needed a multitool, and another needed a pump. It was fun to be able to whip out my tools quicker than you can say 4mm Allen wrench.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Thanks for the review.
I’ve carried a number of pumps, tools and repair kits with me. I ride with a hipbag or a pac sack. It depends on what I’m doing or where I’m going.
The OneUp pump, tools and repair kit has lessened the chance that I forget something but keeps these things in a smaller space.
I’m able to store some bacon bits and a tool in the small container for most tire repairs also.
So I keep one in each bag…just in case.

21BE303F-5C46-42CB-9B9E-DB8CB03596A5.jpeg

A00EFEB2-9208-463D-92BF-0714F35E25B4.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Concluding this was a great solution, then avoiding just out of stubbornness because of the price.

After my CO2 inflator failed to work, I finally went for it realising a pump was actually semi-vital and the EDC tools in it meant, for a lot of rides, I could justify not carrying my "bum bag" ..

1660225877006.png

Unfortunately, when trying to work out what half of the EDC tools are, I went to the one up site to find out ..

Clicked on Euro and then the EDC tool and it went ..

1660225974247.png

Since then, the whole site has been down.. :(

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
@RustyIron you can buy the OneUp plug tool that fits on the end of the EDC (use the bigger capsule), it will also hold the OneUp chain link pliers. I have it in mine, I have the plug tool pre loaded and some spare plugs and the pliers all in the capsule.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay

RustyIron

Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
@RustyIron you can buy the OneUp plug tool that fits on the end of the EDC (use the bigger capsule), it will also hold the OneUp chain link pliers. I have it in mine, I have the plug tool pre loaded and some spare plugs and the pliers all in the capsule.

Right on, Dave. I've thought of running something like yours, but I would have to put it in the pump. I use the threadless carrier, and the big capsule won't fit in it. I would have to cut threads into my steerer tube. I don't think that's a bad way to go, but at this point I'm content and don't want to change.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles