On/Off switch

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
So some how the black cover on my on/off switch came off, no idea where. Got a new one today and installed it but bike won't turn on just gives a single flash then nothing. Does anyone know if these are plug and play or do they need to be calibrated to the bike through a computer. The switch is an en-sw100 which plugs into the motor.
Cheers

Brent8275

May 28, 2021
Auckland
The switch has a built in battery that will be flat. Start the bike by removing the rubber bung beneath the bottle cage bolts, insert Allen key or similar to turn on the main battery. After a long ride the switch should be charged.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
The switch has a built in battery that will be flat. Start the bike by removing the rubber bung beneath the bottle cage bolts, insert Allen key or similar to turn on the main battery. After a long ride the switch should be charged.
So unfortunately that didn't work, could see the battery flash when pressed but nothing else. Maybe something else going on Ill check all the connections again.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
So bit of a coincidence that this happened at the same time but I found one of the pins in the battery connection to the motor was pushed down lower than the other. Grabbed it with a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled it back up and reconnected and it fired straight up. Not sure how this happened as the battery cable to the motor has never been disconnected, but it has not turned once before and I did have an e10 code once but rectified by turning off and back on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles