Ohilins coil Shock on Medium Rise frame?

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
Tried on the FB page no response so far, so I'll try here.

My dithering continues, whilst I overthink everything. :)

Is there a definitive answer as to will an Ohlins Coil shock fit a medium frame? searching here there both yes and no's posts.
What I can gather some have have it fitted with Ohlins spring, some have it fitted with ICHU spring (smaller diameter) and some say no it won't fit. Those who have fitted it can you post a pic up of the clearance on frame.
Very much pondering buying a Rise after trying one for size and car park pedal, dealer wouldn't let me take away to demo as it was sold. I 'm looking at base model and transfer the majority of my components across inc my Ohlins coil.

B

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
I had one on my mine as well as another buddy of mine. On hard hits, it rubbed the frame. Tried using an offset bushing(s), still hit on on hard impacts. Unfortunately we both had to remove, both on size medium. I've heard running another brand spring that is smaller in circumference may work. Didn't try though, put the coil back on my Evo.

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
1675975398871.png

Well it fits, bounced hard in garage but not ridden as I've stripped the bike down to frame to add my own bits. No sign of rubbing yet....

Lumassa

Feb 15, 2023
Italy
I mounted a ttx22m m2 on rise size M with a 388lb spring and in the biggest shocks the spring rubs the film that I put under the top tube. For the moment I'm using it like this but since I'll have to mount a softer spring, I'm afraid that,in the bottom out, the spring will touch more seriously.

Lumassa

Feb 15, 2023
Italy
In this photo you can see the contact marks both on the spring and on the film.
the shock absorber is 210x55 with standard bushings and a 18075-07 spring (the one indicated by ohlins)

61797F11-6872-458A-A86B-02D5CC1EB96F.jpeg 1C16DD5F-5EAC-4E49-8715-72FE5CA61B70.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles