Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Thank you Kiwi, but this is not the reason (I off course read the manual beforehand :cool:). The rubber double-lobe is fixed very hard in my akku pack.
The problem is that the akku pack doesnt exactly fit into the frame from upper downside to the frame (so quasi another direction than the topic faced in the charts).

I analysed the problem today and maybe this help all guys with the same problem: if you turn
your bike around and put the akku pack into the frame from the upper side then it works withour problems. Turning it back and trying to insert the akku pack from the downside shows the problem again. I assume -as it was written by other members that the cables are the problem. In my case all cables are properly fixed but one cable doesnt run straight along the inner frame side after the fixation point (hope you can understand my english explanation ...). It seems as if this cable is the reason and I again assume that the cable is too long and therefore not straight in line along the frame inner side. I cant shorten it but I will ask my shop next time (they say they never faced that problem up to now). This theory would fit with the easy inserting of the battery pack when the bike is turned around because the cable is pressed down a bit by gravitation automatically.

Kind Regards

ProfGruen

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Im thinking of changing the WU seatpost on my Kenevo to a standard dropper
Any thoughts on which ones fit with a 125 or 150mm drop in a medium frame ?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
My wife hated the wu, the replacement with a 34.9 fit was either reverb or KS she went for ks
Actually now the kenevo is sold the ks is up for sale its 125mm drop 34.9 fit and she wants 50 quid for it

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
My wife hated the wu, the replacement with a 34.9 fit was either reverb or KS she went for ks
Actually now the kenevo is sold the ks is up for sale its 125mm drop 34.9 fit and she wants 50 quid for it
Is the KS internal routing ?
Cable or hydraulic ?
I.E does it need a gear cable or bleeding to install ?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Its internal cable
Dont know about age but it has a gold upper tube which the latest one are now black. We got it second hand its very good nick and works perfectly. We got a under bar lever with it but didnt use it just hooked the post straight into the spesh one

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Its internal cable
Dont know about age but it has a gold upper tube which the latest one are now black. We got it second hand its very good nick and works perfectly. We got a under bar lever with it but didnt use it just hooked the post straight into the spesh one
It was all going so well until you said gold upper. Which is very nice BTW but will play havoc with my OCD . If astonishingly, it's not triggered then being a bike tart will kick in. Non matching parts just will not do :eek:
Thanks anyway Dave

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
It was all going so well until you said gold upper. Which is very nice BTW but will play havoc with my OCD . If astonishingly, it's not triggered then being a bike tart will kick in. Non matching parts just will not do :eek:
Thanks anyway Dave
Lol no probs mate

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hello, can i pls tell were do i can buy one, thanks
Sorry I had it custom made by a friend of mine. He only made one. I thought about doing a production run of them, but it wouldn’t be worth the time or the expense. Also I don’t have the patience to deal with crybaby bike owners in my free time

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
So am probably going to end up with a kenevo ...what spec should i aim for and what should I definetly change on the bike. I know 2019 model has the small watt battery so if there are any 2018 models left I will look into this.

Also apart from the battery what else is different

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
So am probably going to end up with a kenevo ...what spec should i aim for and what should I definetly change on the bike. I know 2019 model has the small watt battery so if there are any 2018 models left I will look into this.

Also apart from the battery what else is different
The expert is the same bike as last year with the same battery. The comp is a new 2019 model that has a different battery and motor

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
I have a new in the packaging fork off my kenevo expert 2019 and the WU post to sell why is there not a sellers fourm on here or did I miss it?

Plumbr

Sep 11, 2018
Australia
Hey people!
What tyres are people running on there kenevos.....
Im about to test 2.8 maxxis dhf and dhr as the stock butchers wallow real bad.
I already had a set of tyres from an older plus bike.

Keen to possibly try 2.6 as well.

Seeing that the new levo has thin tyres anyone tried 2.6 or even 2.5 tyres on there kenevo? Interested to hear the results.

Peter

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey people!
What tyres are people running on there kenevos.....
Im about to test 2.8 maxxis dhf and dhr as the stock butchers wallow real bad.
I already had a set of tyres from an older plus bike.

Keen to possibly try 2.6 as well.

Seeing that the new levo has thin tyres anyone tried 2.6 or even 2.5 tyres on there kenevo? Interested to hear the results.

Peter
Not on a Kenevo but on my Frankenstien Levo I have been running 2.6 Ultrasoft DH version Magic Marys.
Please note, they are a lot heavier than what you are running but they very grippy and have very low risk re pinch punctures due to their super thick carcass

I am running them at 25psi front and 27psi rear with 120ml of Stans sealant

4B130922-9FA6-4127-9525-1B0600A32A54.jpeg

69E962D9-ACD6-4E69-B51C-C4059B73DA1B.jpeg

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
You should only use 1 to 2 full turns of pre load to set your sag, no more. If you need more then you need a heavier spring.

Sorry to bring this post up again but I need to make something you said clearer in my head.
So is 1 to 2 full turns from the point the collar made contact with the spring?
Ohlins shows a video installing a spring and they preload the spring with 2 turns before they install the shock on the bike.
So is the 1-2 full turns you recommend, after you preloaded the coil springs with the 2 turns Ohlins shows on the video?

I hope I made any sense lol :p

E-Bruni

Sep 26, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi,
I’m just looking for some advice after just purchasing a Kenevo. I’ve only been out once so far just to get a feel for the bike. It climbs like an absolute demon in turbo but when on the flat and power down to Eco it is like riding with the brakes on. It feels like a massive effort and doesn’t gain any momentum whatsoever. It feels like this when freewheeling also! Am I missing something? Does anyone turn the motor completely off when on flat/downhill? I know it’s a heavier bike but something just doesn’t seem right.... If anyone could help it would be appreciated!

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Hi,
I’m just looking for some advice after just purchasing a Kenevo. I’ve only been out once so far just to get a feel for the bike. It climbs like an absolute demon in turbo but when on the flat and power down to Eco it is like riding with the brakes on. It feels like a massive effort and doesn’t gain any momentum whatsoever. It feels like this when freewheeling also! Am I missing something? Does anyone turn the motor completely off when on flat/downhill? I know it’s a heavier bike but something just doesn’t seem right.... If anyone could help it would be appreciated!
Bump ...anyone help this guy out ?

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Hi,
What firmware motor and battery are you running on that? Also what is your settings for ECO, TRAIL and TURBO?
My 2018 Kenevo runs fine on flats in ECO and freewheels fine with no resistance at all.

R80

Aug 19, 2018
UK
I rode about 8 miles with it switched off on flat/slight decline on Sunday and it felt just like an analogue bike. Don’t know if that’s of any help to you?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles