Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I got it from Halfords, which probably doesn't help you much.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Silicone spray here as well, on all dampers every 3-4 rides.
Well its not super precise but looking at where the bump stop ends up (after a careful mount / dismount) on the shaft.

63mm great thanks Donnie.

The 57mm stroke spring for the Enduro fits well and goes up to 640lbs.- and the missing 6mm can easily be adjusted with the coil-plate.

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
My new custom titanium spring came in today
550x2.50
DA4A940D-0457-4896-97EC-B24242A46E4D.jpeg

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Bought me a Kenevo yesterday. Wow, what a bike. I need to suss out how to manage the battery though, killed it in 18 miles

Get stuck into the Specialized Mission Control App, and work with the power levels to get through the planned ride. I can smash the battery in no time, or eeekk it out for hours. Awesome choice, welcome to the Kenevo Club, which isn't real, I just made it up.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
We did 22 miles and 2500ft of climbing today, battery life remaining ranged from bugger all to 50%!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
We did 22 miles and 2500ft of climbing today, battery life remaining ranged from bugger all to 50%!

Interesting... presumably different brands giving different results? Or same brands giving different results? (Accepting everyone has different custom settings and uses different modes at different times)

Would be interesting to compare if everyone on the ride could list their bike, settings and percentages on modes used...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

Interesting... presumably different brands giving different results? Or same brands giving different results? (Accepting everyone has different custom settings and uses different modes at different times)

Would be interesting to compare if everyone on the ride could list their bike, settings and percentages on modes used...

Two Bosch, both ridden by heavyweights were at bugger all. 4 Levos (baaaa!) were I think 1-3 bars remaining. The surprise was the Kenevo; 52% left! But that was a local rider who could anticipate the trails better, had adjusted his power setting down to 5/40/70 (I think) and weighs less than my Camelbak!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Two Bosch, both ridden by heavyweights were at bugger all. 4 Levos (baaaa!) were I think 1-3 bars remaining. The surprise was the Kenevo; 52% left! But that was a local rider who could anticipate the trails better, had adjusted his power setting down to 5/40/70 (I think) and weighs less than my Camelbak!
I am not surprised ;)

Mission MTB

Jul 17, 2018
East Yorkshire
Got the job of sweeping the Ard Rock marathon course on my Kenevo the other week. 52kms, 4750ft of vert and I still had 2 bars left! It's the first ride I've really had to manage the battery usage. Did most of it in eco with the odd bit of turbo / trail. I'm about 75kg (bit more with pack maybe). Gotta say I was really surprised.

When you first ride it in eco having spent most of the time in trail, it feels like you're riding with the brakes on, but after a while you get used to it and just that little bit of assistance is fine.

Mission MTB

Jul 17, 2018
East Yorkshire
P.S. I use the stock settings. Never bothered with the customising through Mission Control (oh, and just remembered I rode down and back up Gunnerside to *ahem* test it before marshalling there. I'd left my pack with Strava running at my marshal point. Rode up using turbo, so I got another significant climb in there that wasn't recorded).

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

Think it was 43% remaining, but that's somewhere around my settings. I didn't really plan to conserve battery, I've never worried about that, which will bite me one day! Most of the ride was in trail, with turbo if I started to run out of breath on the climbs and eco on the descents. I'm somewhere around 75kg with gear on.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles