Surrey
yes its only really necessary if you ride like this:

A one of a kind Kenevo. This electric mountain bike is ready for business

does look tasty with the fox 40's though

DSC3193.jpg

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Hey guys and girls - what mudguards do you ride on your Kenevos? Seen some in a dedicated Levo thread, but they are very huge.
I surely want a front mudguard to protect the fork and my face from that nasty rocks.
And one in the rear, but not for my bum or back (i don't care), but to protect the dropper post and the backside of the motor housing, since there is a freaking hole in it.

On my non-e mtb i just ride a cheap front mudguard that works fine, but on the rear those little rocks leave very bad marks on the frame, suspension parts and the dropper... need to protect that a bit better on the Kenevo!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I think I previously read the angle of the seat cannot be changed?

That is incorrect, there is a single large allen bolt that controls the angle of the seat when it's up. This is actually one of my dislikes of the Wu, because the seat pivoted when parked until I torqued it up properly.

Hey guys and girls - what mudguards do you ride on your Kenevos? Seen some in a dedicated Levo thread, but they are very huge.

I don't, theyre just more stuff to snap off in a crash. If I was riding somewhere gritty and wet, I would get a neoprene guard between the fork crowns to save my face.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
@Donnie797 did you order the Kenevo, or are you still deciding?
Mine should be ready tomorrow!!!!! :love:

Just came home and yeah, I'm Donnie-Kenevo now! :love::giggle::p
Got a bit discount plus stronger spring (571lbs) and tubeless mod included, can pick it up end of this week!

Pedal wise, the shop had some nice Acros XL flat-pedals which are great for my shoe size 46/47.

If i should ever want more breakpower the dealer recommended the new Trickstuff 220mm disc for the front (brand-new, not on their website yet). 220mm sounds phantastic to me, higher thickness, too. On top of that Trickstuff claims, if you manage to break them blue-colored you get a new one. Good to know :)

Tyre recommendation was, that the Butchers are good tyres, but if i want more grip once the first tyre is done, i should try the Specialized Hillbilly for the front (with the Butcher on the rear). We will see - don't know the Specialized tyres yet.

I also asked about reducing the air pressure in the dropper post, so it doesn't shoot out with the speed of light (that could be very bad for the b-a-l-l-s) but he said it's already down to 10psi and if reduced to 5psi the pressure would be to low to raise it safely. I will try that myself just because of curiosity.

To protect the frame, they do sell transparent bike decals, but he recommended car protection foil if you have to deal with nasty rocks a lot (which i do when riding in the swiss alps) - it's thicker and will last longer.

My bank account isn't but i'm happy as fu** and can't wait to ride that bikeI will ride my hometrail up and down until the battery is done right on the first day! :devilish:

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Someone is bring out an e-bike specific big disc, cant remember who but it was at eurobike - slightly thicker to help with heat built up and looked super burly

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Just came home and yeah, I'm Donnie-Kenevo now! :love::giggle::p
Got a bit discount plus stronger spring (571lbs) and tubeless mod included, can pick it up end of this week!

Pedal wise, the shop had some nice Acros XL flat-pedals which are great for my shoe size 46/47.

If i should ever want more breakpower the dealer recommended the new Trickstuff 220mm disc for the front (brand-new, not on their website yet). 220mm sounds phantastic to me, higher thickness, too. On top of that Trickstuff claims, if you manage to break them blue-colored you get a new one. Good to know :)

Tyre recommendation was, that the Butchers are good tyres, but if i want more grip once the first tyre is done, i should try the Specialized Hillbilly for the front (with the Butcher on the rear). We will see - don't know the Specialized tyres yet.

I also asked about reducing the air pressure in the dropper post, so it doesn't shoot out with the speed of light (that could be very bad for the b-a-l-l-s) but he said it's already down to 10psi and if reduced to 5psi the pressure would be to low to raise it safely. I will try that myself just because of curiosity.

To protect the frame, they do sell transparent bike decals, but he recommended car protection foil if you have to deal with nasty rocks a lot (which i do when riding in the swiss alps) - it's thicker and will last longer.

My bank account isn't but i'm happy as fu** and can't wait to ride that bikeI will ride my hometrail up and down until the battery is done right on the first day! :devilish:

Awesome!!! Good deal, new spring and tubeless thrown in, way to go (y)

Let me know how you get on with the dropper post, I find just shifting sideways slightly brings it up under the thigh, but my god I'm not looking forward to the day I forget to move - and it will happen. It will definitely happen. :eek::cry:

I've ordered some Crank Brothers Mallet DH clipless pedals, I thought about going to flat pedals from clipless but decided against it. I did try half-and-half on my Specialized XC bike, one side SPD one side flat pedal, but it just didn't work for me. I've got a scar on the back of my calf to prove it; I used to tell people I got attacked by a tiger. :p

Look forward to seeing the pics when you get it!! (which colour did you go for, black?)

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Awesome!!! Good deal, new spring and tubeless thrown in, way to go (y)

Let me know how you get on with the dropper post, I find just shifting sideways slightly brings it up under the thigh, but my god I'm not looking forward to the day I forget to move - and it will happen. It will definitely happen. :eek::cry:

I've ordered some Crank Brothers Mallet DH clipless pedals, I thought about going to flat pedals from clipless but decided against it. I did try half-and-half on my Specialized XC bike, one side SPD one side flat pedal, but it just didn't work for me. I've got a scar on the back of my calf to prove it; I used to tell people I got attacked by a tiger. :p

Look forward to seeing the pics when you get it!! (which colour did you go for, black?)

On my testride i managed to raise the dropper without smashing my manhood, but it might happen some dark day in future :sick:... but another reason why i want to slow it down a bit is when i release the dropper without weight on it after i've dismounted the bike. It's not good for every droppers life, to have it smack out that hard.

Hell yes, we have aggressive tigers everywhere, too!! My shins can tell... learning those trick stuff without shin guards was stupid :censored: But i got some (super lightweight and easy to carry soccer shin guards) recently and try to avoid slipping from the pedals when i don't wear them ^^

Yes, i got the black one, it was the only one available in the shop in size L and i got a nice discount on that (which eventually is directly invested in some new gear :rolleyes:). I might colorize it a bit in future by using decals and replacing some parts, that looks pretty rad - but pure black is fine for now :)

And i do have a question... through Robs video i found invisiframe and there the Kenevo 2018 is listed two times - there's a different set for an "updated frame"... so has there been a frame change in 2018 ??

2018-07-16 16_31_15-KENEVO 2018 on - LEVO and KENEVO _ InvisiFrame.png

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
but another reason why i want to slow it down a bit is when i release the dropper without weight on it after i've dismounted the bike. It's not good for every droppers life, to have it smack out that hard.
Doesn't it go up slowly when you push the lever only a little bit?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
The answer to my invisiframe question about a Kenevo 2018 frame-change is given on the invisiframe page itself - it helps to scroll down :)
So there a Kenevo 2018 and an updated Kenevo 2018 !?
Does somebody know what this update is about? What did they change / improve?

2018-07-19 10_17_49-KENEVO 2018 on - LEVO and KENEVO _ InvisiFrame.png

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
Try keeping your weight on the saddle, pressing the lever and then standing up slowly? Try riding the old school gravity dropper, the Wu is a whole lot more civilised :)

Exactly right :)
These bikes come with many a warning sticker, but none that say:
DO NOT OPERATE THIS DROPPER IF THERE IS ANY DISTANCE BETWEEN IT AND YOUR UNMENTIONABLES!
Which is a serious health and safety issue! ;)

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Picked up my Kenevo today and I'm stooooked!:LOL::p:cool:
Got it with the battery updated to x.23, a stronger coil spring (571lbs), tubeless conversion and some XL flat pedals.

I've test-ridden that bike on battery version x.22 and already liked it, but with x.23 it feels so much better, it's like another bike!
After the first 25km for me Eco Mode on 20% is excellent to ride the most normal stuff, Trail mode on 50% is pure fun making me smile all the time (riding trails uphill is so much fun now!), Turbo on 100% is god mode - I feel a like cheating with this enabled, but I guess I will become used to it ^^

Mounted a mudhugger on the front - fits perfectly, does an excellent job and looks great to me.

Some pics here:

IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2619.JPG
IMG_2631.JPG IMG_2632.JPG IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2621.JPG

Last edited:

Bigbarper

Jul 10, 2018
Horsham, West Sussex.
Hey Folks anyone know what the stroke length of the Ohlins TTX 22 is?

Going to order up and try a stiffer spring for my XL Kenevo, got about 40% sag with stock spring pinched up a couple of turns as recommended.

Thanks in advance.
Phil.

IMG_1791.JPG

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Hey Folks anyone know what the stroke length of the Ohlins TTX 22 is?
Going to order up and try a stiffer spring for my XL Kenevo, got about 40% sag with spring pinched up a couple of turns as recommended.
Thanks in advance.
Phil.

Check out the spring chart on page 5 of this thread. Theres one size bigger (571lbs) available with specialized parts number. If you need to have a stronger spring, you can try the springs for the Enduro in 605 and 640 lbs. The Kenevo coil has a stroke of 63mm the Enduro 57mm.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Picked up my Kenevo today and I'm stooooked!:LOL::p:cool:
Got it with the battery updated to x.23, a stronger coil spring (571lbs), tubeless conversion and some XL flat pedals.

I've test-ridden that bike on battery version x.22 and already liked it, but with x.23 it feels so much better, it's like another bike!
After the first 25km for me Eco Mode on 20% is excellent to ride the most normal stuff, Trail mode on 50% is pure fun making me smile all the time (riding trails uphill is so much fun now!), Turbo on 100% is god mode - I feel a like cheating with this enabled, but I guess I will become used to it ^^

Mounted a mudhugger on the front - fits perfectly, does an excellent job and looks great to me.

Some pics here:

View attachment 3198 View attachment 3199
View attachment 3200 View attachment 3201 View attachment 3202 View attachment 3203

Awesome, pleased you love it Donnie......I'm out for a morning blast right now. Ciao. (y)

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
So far I'm almost entirely happy with the Wu, despite only having 125mm of travel it goes up high enough to pedal comfy and goes down low enough to get out the way when descending. I've certainly not had any issues with catching it or hocking it on my shorts while descending or doing jumps, and it's mostly been fairly technical riding since I got the bike. I even tried a bit of descending sat down to try out the angle when dropped, as discussed above...it was kinda scary but the angle didn't feel unnatural. Possibly a black trail at Staunton wasn't the best place to try it!

The only thing I don't like about the saddle is the way it clamps the seat rails, when I first picked it up I sat down hard and moved the angle of the seat on its mount, since I torqued it up it hasn't moved but has recently started creaking. It's a feature of how the dropper works that it has a single central pivot, I need to tighten it up again and see if the noise goes away.

@Dax , do you do anything special to the dropper maintenance wise? Like oil it or....? I read somewhere that someone oils their post but can't find the thread. Ta

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can also use a dab of wet chain lube on a rag, rub it on the post, then actuate the post up and down a few times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles