Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

dirkbike

Oct 13, 2018
Utah
Oooo baby, in love with this gal. I've ridden the 18' Levo, 19' Levo, 19' Kenevo Comp, and decided on the 19' Kenevo Expert. So stoked!! It feels similair to my Enduro Expert but the Lyrik and Ohlins TTX really sets it apart. Pump those 2.8" butchers up to 23 front psi, 26 rear and they hook up well. This bike absolutely rips out of the box. Those questioning between the comp and expert, if you can swing the extra $ it's worth it. The higher end suspension, 38mm internal width wheels, and larger battery paired with the 1.3rx motor really make the difference. The comp was still a blast, I prefer its non tilting seat post, and I was however, able to get more distance out of the comp in full turbo mode vs full turbo mode on the expert, probably because the motor isn't able to consume/output as much power, there for not pushing you as fast or hard up the steeps.
IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

Grez

Oct 25, 2018
Derby
Do I buy a kenevo expert now or do I wait til next year and see if it has a major update like the Levo did this year?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Unfortunately not a question anyone can answer! The only thing i would say is that the new Levo followed hot on the tails of the new stumpjumper, and the kenevo is based off the Enduro, which may be in line for an update but i am not familiar enough with the Spesh range to know.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Do I buy a kenevo expert now or do I wait til next year and see if it has a major update like the Levo did this year?

had specialized guys on a testival last weekend and they said new kenevo wont be introduced before 2010 (my 2021)

best

profgruen

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
They make an 8.5x2.5" shock that will fit with the new Kenevo bikeyoke

Is the shock you are getting specifically tuned for a Kenevo?
I have the Push rear shock on my Santacruz Nomad and enquired with Push in August about retuning it for a Kenevo and they said they had no plans to get the Kenevo in to carry out their fitment process.
Has this changed now? If it has, that is great news because this rear shock is an awesome piece of kit which is unfortunately not doing a lot as I have not ridden my Nomad since March this year.

30C813E9-B560-4585-B06A-DA5BE33F2DD3.jpeg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Is the shock you are getting specifically tuned for a Kenevo?
I have the Push rear shock on my Santacruz Nomad and enquired with Push in August about retuning it for a Kenevo and they said they had no plans to get the Kenevo in to carry out their fitment process.
Has this changed now? If it has, that is great news because this rear shock is an awesome piece of kit which is unfortunately not doing a lot as I have not ridden my Nomad since March this year.

View attachment 6949
They don’t have one specifically tuned for the Kenevo, because as you keep pointing out, they don’t make one that fits the Kenevo. Nothing has changed, other than BikeYoke is making a BikeYoke that fits the Kenevo. Which good news for people who would like a different rear shock. Any 215x63mm (8.5x2.5”) will fit. If you use an air shock it will actually give the bike 10mm more travel than a coil. I really dislike Öhlins on anything bicycle related, so I can’t wait. I have already ordered a Fox Float X2 and DHX2 for myself
A PUSH shock will be my end goal. I have one on my Yeti and it lives up to the hype.

Grez

Oct 25, 2018
Derby
Soon to be kenevo owner. What does everyone use for protecting the chainstay, I’m surprised they have not got one fitted as standard as most bikes these days have them intergrated and I don’t fancy wrapping in rubber and tie wraps as it looks pants. Apart from lizard skins what’s the options out there?

lcdavies5

Nov 1, 2018
South Wales
I'm too wondering this. Couldn't help myself and went out on my new kenevo before I managed to protect the frame and the chainstay is all chipped.

Grez

Oct 25, 2018
Derby
Anybody use a Thule Upride to transport there kenevo. There only rated to 20kg. If I take the battery out it will be approx 21kg

Thoughts/experience?

Thule Upride

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
so i have to have a serious word with my shop ?
Yes, that should be something that should be done as a part of getting the bike ready to go to the customer. Makes you wonder if they even checked the bike before they gave it to you!!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
What are folks running for wheels if you have moved on from stock on this bike? I have found that these Traverse 38 are fairly heavy and soft. Plus, I am not sure how they would run with smaller tires such as 2.5-2.6. My guess is fairly squared off tread?

I am currently looking at the Santa Cruz Reserve 37 - pricey, but no-questions-asked warranty plus claims to work well with 2.5-2.8. Thoughts?

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
are the stock roval rims 38 mm? i put the 2.6 mm dh mm ultrasoft on stock rims of my kenevo expert instead of the 2.8 butchers. no problem and great grip

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles