Fuel EXe Official Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
5Dev cranks installed. Went with 155 mm to help with pedal strikes and pedal at higher cadence. Looking forward to a ride tomorrow.

1F54A86A-BF24-427E-9F36-FF744CADC282.jpeg

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Damn you. Here it's 100% chance of rain, 38 degrees, snow level below 500'
Yeah, but in about 3 months I’ll have to do all my riding at 5 am when it is 90 degrees outside; any later and I’d be battling 100+ temps. Good thing is, on the summer weekends I am 1.5 hours from cooler weather and high elevation.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Your weather report intrigued me so I checked on your profile to see where you were from..
We are -2c here with a 90% chance of snow by 9.00pm..
Greetings from Bellingham , Northumberland, England 🇬🇧
Love it, sister cities with sister weather!

@Cell4soul My GF just returned from a work trip to Mesa. I was invited and would have loved to have joined but I’ve been buried with other commitments.

Bellingham Wa is pretty rad (and riding is mostly great year round). I’m always happy to play tour guide, receive shipped bikes etc. For the record- cheers!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland

@Cell4soul My GF just returned from a work trip to Mesa. I was invited and would have loved to have joined but I’ve been buried with other commitments.

Bellingham Wa is pretty rad (and riding is mostly great year round). I’m always happy to play tour guide, receive shipped bikes etc. For the record- cheers!
A city would be a bit of a stretch ..we are a very small remote village in the Northumberland National Park ..on the edge of Kielder Forest ( 250sq.miles)..where there is ( or was before Storm Arwen) over 100miles of man made trails..our nearest city ..would be Newcastle-upon-Tyne..approx 40 miles away and nearest sizeable town is Hexham ..20 miles away ..but our County is blessed with some fantastic hills and great natural riding .
Shout up if you ever pass this way ! 😁

senergy

Nov 9, 2022
Sydney
Taking my bike in next week to Trek Sydney to get them installed, so I assume they are in stock in Australia.

Got the Fox 9.7 shock fix installed today. I forgot to take a picture beforehand, but from the round scratches I'd say the metal spacers are a lot smaller than the originals.
Also got the firmware upgraded, no idea of the differences. Trek@sydney weren't being very helpful today...

fox1.jpg
fox.jpg
Firmware Upgrade - 14.3.2023.jpg

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ

Hit me up if you ever make it down. Riding is incredible. I have a couple Ebikes if you can't travel with yours. I have a medium Turbo Levo SL and the large EXe. Both fit me so you can ride either. Hawes is in Mesa and South Mountain is 20 minutes from there.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Hit me up if you ever make it down. Riding is incredible. I have a couple Ebikes if you can't travel with yours. I have a medium Turbo Levo SL and the large EXe. Both fit me so you can ride either. Hawes is in Mesa and South Mountain is 20 minutes from there.
Thanks, will take you up on that! Probably next fall/winter.

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
Hey all! New here. Looking at this as my first EMTB. I ride regularly with a full squish trail bike or my hard tail but want something for those days when climbing may just kill me too much and I know I can get a lot more downs in with a little assistance. Looking at this. Rode one today a little at my local Trek store. Was really nice!

One question is, do you think this bike could tow another analogue rider at all up moderate grade from time to time? I know I could do this with a full fat EMTB, but then I gotta ride a heavier torque beast all the time with a lot of extra power I probably don’t always need.

Any insight you all can provide is much appreciated.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Hey all! New here. Looking at this as my first EMTB.
One question is, do you think this bike could tow another analogue rider at all up moderate grade from time to time?
I think it will depend on the weights of both riders, and how much vert you’ll expect to get.
I’ve done a few rides with my GF, who’s like 140lbs on a turbo levo, towing my 18yo daughter (130lbs?) up 1,500’ service road climbs. My daughter has pedaled the same climbs but does LOVE getting towed. We use a dog leash with a caribiner and a few feet of fat-bike inner tube as the tow rope. My daughter pulls the leash across the stem (so it’s centered on bars) then holds it at the grip so she can release if anything goes wrong. It’s pretty fun!

So that doesn’t really answer your question- I think you’d need to be in boost on the Fuel EXE and you might not get a lot of vert, maybe 1,500’? Also, plan on replacing your chain frequently….

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
I think it will depend on the weights of both riders, and how much vert you’ll expect to get.
I’ve done a few rides with my GF, who’s like 140lbs on a turbo levo, towing my 18yo daughter (130lbs?) up 1,500’ service road climbs. My daughter has pedaled the same climbs but does LOVE getting towed. We use a dog leash with a caribiner and a few feet of fat-bike inner tube as the tow rope. My daughter pulls the leash across the stem (so it’s centered on bars) then holds it at the grip so she can release if anything goes wrong. It’s pretty fun!

So that doesn’t really answer your question- I think you’d need to be in boost on the Fuel EXE and you might not get a lot of vert, maybe 1,500’? Also, plan on replacing your chain frequently….
Yeah, this is kinda why I may be leaning more towards the Levo. I do like the lightness and look of the EXE though. Sigh. Just may not be powerful enough for the occasional tow needed with kids.

Swingset

Sep 9, 2022
Southern Cal
Always fascinating to see individual metrics for bike purchases. My Decoy was too heavy and too noisy for me. The EXe ticked those two boxes and bunch more. Towing was about #498 on the list. Interesting to see other perspectives.

Swingset

Sep 9, 2022
Southern Cal
I have been seeing some pics here of some storage solutions for the two bosses under the top tube. Anybody want to chime in on what they are using/carrying? My five minute Google search did not lead me very far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles