Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Hoping the collective wisdom can set me straight here…
I removed the chain guide on my 23 Levo Carbon Comp today since SRAM indicated the 36t chainring won’t work with the OEM chain guide.

When I removed the frame bolt, of course I dropped it on the ground. I found the bolt and a very thin silver washer on the ground.

To reinstall the bolt, I ended up using:
1. Part of the chain guide with a pin that fits into a little the frame (named “chain guide back plate” in the manual)
2. The thin silver washer
3. The frame bolt (which apparently gets torqued to 18nm according to the manual?)

I was very nervous using 18nm torque on my carbon frame, especially since I wasn’t sure the assembly was correct.

The manual shows that there should be a 2mm washer against the frame, but I couldn’t find such a 2mm washer anywhere on the ground.

I’m attaching a diagram showing the part that I couldn’t find. It’s part J in the diagram, circled in red.

Do I need the washer labeled J?

Do I need a chain guide?

What’s the correct way to reassemble the frame bolt if I don’t run the chain guide? View attachment 115786
I may be a little late in responding, but while going through a small spare part bag that came with my Levo it had this plastic washer in it (that looks exactly like that J washer pictured) along with an extra spare plastic spacer for the upper battery cage in case it rattles. I had no idea what the washer was for, but now I know. Thanks!

pontoon

Apr 24, 2023
USA
I may be a little late in responding, but while going through a small spare part bag that came with my Levo it had this plastic washer in it (that looks exactly like that J washer pictured) along with an extra spare plastic spacer for the upper battery cage in case it rattles. I had no idea what the washer was for, but now I know. Thanks!
I saw that too and thought it might be it.

Then again, I thought the J washer was supposed to be 2mm thick, and the washer in the bag didn’t seem 2mm thick.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
Hi All, I wanted to share some positive news regarding the Fox Float X2 that came on my bike. I noted earlier that it started making a squishy sound for 5 or 6 compressions if I haven't ridden in 24 hours. I decided to open a ticket with Fox and without question, they are sending me the 2024 Float x2. I told them the bike was 1.5 years old but they were happy to swap it anyway. No rebuild - just taking my old one and sending a new one. Awesome support.

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
Fox is stepping up their support for this shock, our suspension guy used to rebuild like 5 or 6 a week now we just send em back and the customer gets the updated one, took a bit longer than it should have in our opinion but a class move for fox.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
There is a new color for Pro version with SRAM eagle T. Not sure if the color is nice in person.
I like it, it’s a lot better than my orange/reddish colour Pro. I’m still debating having mine painted a different colour.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Went with an Assegia and dhr 2 won’t get to test till Wednesday on a fairly reserved ride as on holiday on an impulse on Thursday haha. I wanted a couple days riding in scotland the wife wanted Greece she won

thanks for the help chaps

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Went with an Assegia and dhr 2 won’t get to test till Wednesday on a fairly reserved ride as on holiday on an impulse on Thursday haha. I wanted a couple days riding in scotland the wife wanted Greece she won

thanks for the help chaps
Should have came to Scotland, the weather is beautiful right now. Supposed to be 23-25 and sunny all next week too.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Should have came to Scotland, the weather is beautiful right now. Supposed to be 23-25 and sunny all next week too.
Yeah mate haha was there on Tuesday at glentress and inners weather was mint from 12pm but blew back tyre on caddon bank

wanted to go for 3 days in a pod but got over ruled for kefalonia sometime you just have to give in 😆

But work 4on4off so can do scotland anytime as only 2hrs from Inners

Ozmtb

Apr 7, 2023
Australia
Fox is stepping up their support for this shock, our suspension guy used to rebuild like 5 or 6 a week now we just send em back and the customer gets the updated one, took a bit longer than it should have in our opinion but a class move for fox.
They probably worked out how many customers they were loosing.
I went with Ohlins due concern over the reported issues Fox were having.

Reximus

Jun 2, 2023
Surrey hills
Morning All - trying to find an s4 comp carbon .. Seen this satin white sage version in stock ... has anyone seen this color in person? kind of prefer the black but this does look quite clean..

1686567713553.png

Although i did wonder if this was their more 'feminine -oriented color as the pink paired water bottle and grips might suggest..
1686567647620.png

Last edited:

gibbers

Jun 1, 2023
UK
Can anyone here offer any advice on frame protection for a maroon levo expert. I am not sure if matte or gloss will look better, has anyone wrapped their frame?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Morning All - trying to find an s4 comp carbon .. Seen this satin white sage version in stock ... has anyone seen this colour in person ? kind of prefer the black but this does look quite clean ..

View attachment 117519

Although i did wonder if this was their more 'feminine -orientated colour as the pink pared water bottle and grips might suggest..
View attachment 117518

I think the one with the pink grips in your picture is actually Oasis?

IMG_6160.jpeg

The Sage Green looks lovely in person, but isn’t available here in the base Alloy model, which is what I wanted as I had kit to transfer to it.

IMG_6159.jpeg

I ended up with the Ice Blue, which is white with a blue tinge.

IMG_6161.jpeg

Reximus

Jun 2, 2023
Surrey hills
I think the one with the pink grips in your picture is actually Oasis?

View attachment 117523
The Sage Green looks lovely in person, but isn't available here in the base Alloy model, which is what I wanted as I had kit to transfer to it.

View attachment 117524

I ended up with the Ice Blue, which is white with a blue tinge.

View attachment 117525
i do like the alloy colours.. ice blue is lovely -- the problem is I want to slowly upgrade off a carbon frame and I'm a sucker for the mastermind system..

I think the pink grip picture is the carbon one though - its at the bottom of this page: Turbo Levo Comp Carbon | Specialized.com

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Morning All - trying to find an s4 comp carbon .. Seen this satin white sage version in stock ... has anyone seen this color in person? kind of prefer the black but this does look quite clean..

View attachment 117519

Although i did wonder if this was their more 'feminine -oriented color as the pink paired water bottle and grips might suggest..
View attachment 117518
Google search and in real world pics, it looks like a flat cream color.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
have sent in the x2 from the 2022 levo expert for warranty "slurp". now i have received this back ... 2024 x2 float.
have the original x2 from the levo the air chamber open, no volume spacer in it. the new are 3 in addition and there may be max. 3 pure. that means there are also in the new no volume spacer in it.

70844851510__C21BCDD2-415E-402F-9AE9-6855DC328312.jpeg

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
have sent in the x2 from the 2022 levo expert for warranty "slurp". now i have received this back ... 2024 x2 float.
have the original x2 from the levo the air chamber open, no volume spacer in it. the new are 3 in addition and there may be max. 3 pure. that means there are also in the new no volume spacer in it.

View attachment 117766
Nice - just received mine yesterday and was happy to see that it was shipped in a retail box like yours - stickers and all.

Andeh

May 30, 2023
Half Moon Bay, CA
Anyone running a Super Deluxe Ultimate (air) with the regular Cascade link? I just picked up a lightly used one off Pinkbike, with the OEM tune for a SJ Evo (basically same as the Levo except lighter lockout switch force). Seems like it takes quite a lot of pressure to get 30% sag - I'm at 275 psi as a 170 lb rider. I know the regular Cascade link requires a lot more pressure/spring rate (with my coil I went up from 500 -> 575).

Edit: I must have gotten suck down or something on initial inflation. I let all the air out and restarted from 0, and now pressures line up almost exactly with what the Trailhead app says.

Last edited:

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
First, ride on my bike with its updates and couldn't have been happier!
Axs GX Detrailer - Shifts so nicely, and the micro-adjustments are great. Seeing what gear I'm in on the screen is pretty cool (changed my default screen to use this vs speed), and it is actually handy. I really like the shifter as it feels more like a Shimano shifter in how you can shift it with your index finger. Also cool the app shows you how much time you spend in each gear.
Bronze XX1 Chain - Destroyed my GX chain
AXS Dropper - Fix a 170mm slammed to the collar in my S3, and it is amazing coming from the 150mm and found the factory dropper was sticky. This post is amazing and love how easy it is to adjust the seat tilt
Ergon SM E-Mountain Sport Men Saddle - Had bought it for my BigFoot VLT but decided to try it on this bike since I was swapping posts. Felt amazing as well. Likely will keep this saddle and buy a second one for the fat bike.

Next up I'm going to get a spare battery and am going to try the shifter upgrade kit, but so far, liking the stock GX shifter. I was going to wait and go AXS transmission this winter but a local shop had both on sale for 25% off, I had just broken a chain and recently had a spill when the dropper didn't drop so it felt like a reason to upgrade :)

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
First, ride on my bike with its updates and couldn't have been happier!
Axs GX Detrailer - Shifts so nicely, and the micro-adjustments are great. Seeing what gear I'm in on the screen is pretty cool (changed my default screen to use this vs speed), and it is actually handy. I really like the shifter as it feels more like a Shimano shifter in how you can shift it with your index finger. Also cool the app shows you how much time you spend in each gear.
Bronze XX1 Chain - Destroyed my GX chain
AXS Dropper - Fix a 170mm slammed to the collar in my S3, and it is amazing coming from the 150mm and found the factory dropper was sticky. This post is amazing and love how easy it is to adjust the seat tilt
Ergon SM E-Mountain Sport Men Saddle - Had bought it for my BigFoot VLT but decided to try it on this bike since I was swapping posts. Felt amazing as well. Likely will keep this saddle and buy a second one for the fat bike.

Next up I'm going to get a spare battery and am going to try the shifter upgrade kit, but so far, liking the stock GX shifter. I was going to wait and go AXS transmission this winter but a local shop had both on sale for 25% off, I had just broken a chain and recently had a spill when the dropper didn't drop so it felt like a reason to upgrade :)
sweet, picture?

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Anyone running a Super Deluxe Ultimate (air) with the regular Cascade link? I just picked up a lightly used one off Pinkbike, with the OEM tune for a SJ Evo (basically same as the Levo except lighter lockout switch force). Seems like it takes quite a lot of pressure to get 30% sag - I'm at 275 psi as a 170 lb rider. I know the regular Cascade link requires a lot more pressure/spring rate (with my coil I went up from 500 -> 575).

Edit: I must have gotten suck down or something on initial inflation. I let all the air out and restarted from 0, and now pressures line up almost exactly with what the Trailhead app says.
i couldn't be happier with the standard link and x2 shock. still have an ohlins coil, but the levo rides nicer with the x2.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
i couldn't be happier with the standard link and x2 shock. still have an ohlins coil, but the levo rides nicer with the x2.
I haven't installed my 2024 X2 yet and was considering buying the Ohlins coil. Can you share the details of why you like the X2 better? Perhaps the new X2 won't feel as rigid as the one that came on the bike and I'll like it.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I haven't installed my 2024 X2 yet and was considering buying the Ohlins coil. Can you share the details of why you like the X2 better? Perhaps the new X2 won't feel as rigid as the one that came on the bike and I'll like it.
The stock linkage is better suited for an air shock, it’s not very progressive. Most coils run a linear spring so IMO a coil on the stock linkage isn’t all that great. If I were running the stock linkage and a coil I’d be looking at progressive springs, Cane Creek and MRP offer progressive coil springs. If you’re adding the cascade linkage then a coil will feel way better. I could tell a huge difference when I went from the stock linkage to the cascade linkage with my setup, it’s way better with it.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
New Levo Pro owner. Well actually it has been sitting in my garage for almost a month waiting for parts (AXS gears). All setup and ready to go.

Question: Shouldn’t volume spacers be included with a new bike? I received 0 volume spacers with my new bike (ordered online from Specialized). Think I need some in the rear.
3715FB44-5754-41D8-9A63-11544F968D31_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles