Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Thanks for the input!
How big dropper do you think i can fit in a S4, being 178cm/5’10 ?
It's more about your legs/ inseam than your height. I'm 6', 35" inseam using a 210 dropper on my S4 with 57mm of post exposed. You should easily be able to fit a 180mm ONEUP.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Decided to try 25 / 27 psi and was better but still not awesome, also think the stock tires are not the nicest.
I feel like I am a beginner rider again, this emtb thing takes a bit of learning to get used to.

I was finding I was always in the wrong gear and then was making sure I was always in the right gear and I was changing gears a lot more than on my normal enduro.

But had a great ride, 43kms and 1150m of elevation

here is a pic,

View attachment 113243
the eliminater is not the best, but the butcher T9 is the nicest i ride, T9 is like dog shit on a carpet.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Thanks for the input!
I have just put a 210 one up in my Levo also. Better for me as less post permanently out now, would say about 3-4 cm. It’s noticeable and gives me more confidence on steep tracks.

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
Thanks for the input!
Maybe this helps:

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
Just recently got the Turbo Levo carbon. It comes with G2 brakes, and I am not liking them after 2 rides. I`m used to shimano. How difficult is it to change brakes? Is it a pita to route the cable through the frame?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
its very easy, there is internal routing. just push the new brake hose in one end and it comes out the other.

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
Just recently got the Turbo Levo carbon. It comes with G2 brakes, and I am not liking them after 2 rides. I`m used to shimano. How difficult is it to change brakes? Is it a pita to route the cable through the frame?
I have just done it, same brakes as yours, didn't test it, but its real easy because internal routing, Dave said.
I cut it on the gear side, because needed two lines, that was more difficult.

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
Thats good to know. What is the minimum rotor size on the rear, is it 160mm og 180mm? I need to get correct size adaptors.

georjetto

May 11, 2023
United States
I'm running X0 cranks with zero issues. If you don't want to use the cranks that are included with the groupset, simply install the chainring and use your existing cranks and live with the gap between the crank and chainring.

View attachment 110838
I just installed on my Levo Gen-3 Sram XX Brose Kit transmission. I installed brosekit DM chainring - followed all the instructions and reinstall probably 5 times just to make sure I did everything correctly following every mm of guides and instructions also tried micro-adjust but the shifting performance is so awful. When it shifts under pressure from bigger cog to smaller cog - it snaps with this clink sound that is very disturbing and when in reverse it shifts with awful sound but not snapping. Guys any ideas what did I do wrong, did you have similar experience? Thank you.

IMG_0082.jpg IMG_0086.PNG IMG_0085.PNG

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I just installed on my Levo Gen-3 Sram XX Brose Kit transmission. I installed brosekit DM chainring - followed all the instructions and reinstall probably 5 times just to make sure I did everything correctly following every mm of guides and instructions also tried micro-adjust but the shifting performance is so awful. When it shifts under pressure from bigger cog to smaller cog - it snaps with this clink sound that is very disturbing and when in reverse it shifts with awful sound but not snapping. Guys any ideas what did I do wrong, did you have similar experience? Thank you.

View attachment 114349 View attachment 114350 View attachment 114351
Far too complicated for me I'm sticking with the old AXS zero issues 👍👍

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Okay this is what we know in regards to SRAM transmission on Gen 3 Levo. The Levo has a 52mm chain line, this is set by the position of the motor in the frame and the offset on the spider. If you buy the groupset with a 104BCD chainring you will be running the same 52mm chain line.

SRAM confirmed that for bikes with a 148 rear axle spacing, the Transmission system will be compatible with 52-55mm chain lines. There should not be any noticeable difference in the wear and lifespan of the components as a result of the chain line.

Due to the position of the motor in the frame, if you use the direct mount chainring you will end up with a 57mm chain line. You will also find the SRAM cranks don't cater for the position of the motor in the frame, resulting in the wrong offset on the cranks and a wider Q-Factor.

Some people are modifying the direct mount chainring, removing 2mm to give the perfect 55mm chain line, others are using the 104BCD chainring with a 52mm chain line. Personally, I'm running an unmodified direct mount chainring with zero issues. I did end up going back to the Praxis cranks to get the correct Q-Factor (not that I actually had any issues with the SRAM cranks). All the journalists (including Rob) were running a DM chainring with SRAM cranks on the Levo, I don't remember reading any negative reviews...

georjetto

May 11, 2023
United States
Okay this is what we know in regards to SRAM transmission on Gen 3 Levo. The Levo has a 52mm chain line, this is set by the position of the motor in the frame and the offset on the spider. If you buy the groupset with a 104BCD chainring you will be running the same 52mm chain line.

SRAM confirmed that for bikes with a 148 rear axle spacing, the Transmission system will be compatible with 52-55mm chain lines. There should not be any noticeable difference in the wear and lifespan of the components as a result of the chain line.

Due to the position of the motor in the frame, if you use the direct mount chainring you will end up with a 57mm chain line. You will also find the SRAM cranks don't cater for the position of the motor in the frame, resulting in the wrong offset on the cranks and a wider Q-Factor.

Some people are modifying the direct mount chainring, removing 2mm to give the perfect 55mm chain line, others are using the 104BCD chainring with a 52mm chain line. Personally, I'm running an unmodified direct mount chainring with zero issues. I did end up going back to the Praxis cranks to get the correct Q-Factor (not that I actually had any issues with the SRAM cranks). All the journalists (including Rob) were running a DM chainring with SRAM cranks on the Levo, I don't remember reading any negative reviews...
Thanks a lot Rich-H! Oh wow I thought it would be 55mm from your previous posts but thanks for clarifying about "position of the motor" as I measured yesterday chainline and it's definitely more than 55mm. Regarding cranks I tried both to be honest didn't feel the difference in the backyard but definitely will post when I try them on trails. So I'll try to shave 2mm from the DM brosekit chainring - will provide with an update. Thanks a lot!

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Thanks a lot Rich-H! Oh wow I thought it would be 55mm from your previous posts but thanks for clarifying about "position of the motor" as I measured yesterday chainline and it's definitely more than 55mm. Regarding cranks I tried both to be honest didn't feel the difference in the backyard but definitely will post when I try them on trails. So I'll try to shave 2mm from the DM brosekit chainring - will provide with an update. Thanks a lot!
Not the best picture but I reckon the center of the motor drain hole is the centerline of the frame. I'm off by approx 2mm.

thumbnail_IMG_4976.jpg

georjetto

May 11, 2023
United States
Thanks for the image - yeah as you can see it's exactly 2mm to get to the real center. Here are my measurements for 55m and 57mm. I think you are right chainline just with DM chainring is 57mm! But our measurements are subjective :) because of the angle that you can create...
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Thanks for the image - yeah as you can see it's exactly 2mm to get to the real center. Here are my measurements for 55m and 57mm. I think you are right chainline just with DM chainring is 57mm! But our measurements are subjective :) because of the angle that you can create...
View attachment 114359
View attachment 114360
This is a more sensible way to measure the difference! Pic shared by another person going through the same pain! ;)

113398-7da7666a4fccbc512375d7b8c687e4d9.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles