Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

BigFlo

Apr 16, 2022
Specialized
Un demi-degré de relâchement HA et STA et environ 5 mm s'ajoutent à BB en fonction du téléchargement de la base que vous utilisez.

Un demi-degré de relâchement HA et STA et environ 5 mm s'ajoutent à BB en fonction du réglage de la base que vous utilisez.
Si vous installez une fourche de 170mm sans modifier le débattement de l'amortisseur arrière, la géométrie du turbo Levo change beaucoup ?

Moderator :

If you install a 170mm fork without modifying the travel of the rear shock, the geometry of the Levo turbo changes a lot?

Last edited by a moderator:

David666

Aug 26, 2021
France
Dear Levo boys, we can find informations and pictures of 2023 Turbo Levo Sworks and Expert but nothing on any Pro version. Does someone have information ?

specialized-carbone-s-works-levo-29-27.5-2023-vtt-electrique-bicyclette (1).jpg specialized-carbone-s-works-levo-29-27.5-2023-vtt-electrique-bicyclette (2).jpg specialized-carbone-turbo-levo-expert-29-27.5-gx-2023-vtt-electrique-bicyclette.jpg specialized-carbone-turbo-levo-expert-29-27.5-gx-2023-vtt-electrique-bicyclette (1).jpg

Last edited:

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
My LBS assured me that there will be no changes for the Pro for 2023 when I bought mine in November. Let's see, if there are some changes to the better, I will confront them and see what they would be willing to do for me.

But still, the S-Works just gets some new colors and what I saw so far the Expert got new colours, GX AXS and another dropper post. So if there will be changes to the Pro, I think they will be minimal.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
If I'd be in the market for a S-Works or an Expert today, I would run to get a 2022 black/blue S-Works and in case of the Expert, wait until I could get one in this "mustard-dropped-in-mud" colour.

D

Deleted member 7401

If I'd be in the market for a S-Works or an Expert today, I would run to get a 2022 black/blue S-Works and in case of the Expert, wait until I could get one in this "mustard-dropped-in-mud" colour.

Expert is on sale now. Don’t wait…unless you want to pay 25% more for a different color.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Got this for 20% off, this colour was not brought into Aus only the Blue which I didn’t like, then this one appeared in my size and got it. According to the rep this was the only white and grey they have seen come through. Will sell my Levo Pro which is nearly 2 years old.

View attachment 105082
You should ask your dealer to change the rear brake hose and wires to the RHS of the frame. Much tidier looking. Good looking bike btw.

D

Deleted member 7401

The ‘23 S-Works is live on the site but not yet available in the USA.

Looks like new colors and an RS seatpost instead of a FOX.

D

Deleted member 7401

Just noticed the ‘23 Expert is live on the site as well with the new mustard color…but the link for this model goes nowhere.

Good news…prices are not going up for ‘23. Bad, they are not going down…yet.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Just noticed the ‘23 Expert is live on the site as well with the new mustard color…but the link for this model goes nowhere.

Good news…prices are not going up for ‘23. Bad, they are not going down…yet.
I really like the mustard colour, wish I could get it as a frame only….just swap my pro frame for it.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
How are the Traverse alloy's that come stock on the expert mode? I'm trying to decide between the Comp or the expert. If I buy the Comp, I may upgrade the wheels to Industry Nine Enduro S alloy wheels and install a Zeb. AXS/X01 cassette and chain will be upgraded on which ever model I choose to buy.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
How are the Traverse alloy's that come stock on the expert mode? I'm trying to decide between the Comp or the expert. If I buy the Comp, I may upgrade the wheels to Industry Nine Enduro S alloy wheels and install a Zeb. AXS/X01 cassette and chain will be upgraded on which ever model I choose to buy.
I’m not a fan of the traverse wheels at all…well not so much the rims but the hubs. If you’re planning on swapping stuff I’d just pick up the comp. It’s what I should have done with as much as I’ve swapped already.

johnsogr

Sep 6, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
New to the forum and wondering what people think of the Cascade Turbo Levo link (NOT long shock kit) on a coil. I'm 165 lbs and have an Avalanche tuned Bomber CR on the stock link with a 550 lbs spring. I love it, but this bike is so fast that I find myself riding really hard and can bottom it pretty aggressively. I don't want to go for the long shock kit b/c it's $380 for the link, then converting my shock to a 230x65 would be close to another $400 (so $800 vs. $270).

I think a 600 lbs spring would work best for my weight on the regular Cascade link - anyone else gone coil w/ this link even thought Cascade says not to?

IMG_2133.jpeg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I’m not a fan of the traverse wheels at all…well not so much the rims but the hubs. If you’re planning on swapping stuff I’d just pick up the comp. It’s what I should have done with as much as I’ve swapped already.
Mainly my thoughts. I would keep the fox 38 on the Expert vs the Zeb and I was wondering how the Traverse wheels stack up against the I9 with 1/1 hubs. With the Expert I would get the FOX X2 shock that I've never tried. Shimano XT 8120 will be going on either bike. I have a demo planned this Friday and I still have to like the bike comparing it to my Rise that I recently sold. Just planning ahead.

It comes down to FOX 38 vs Zeb
Traverse vs I9 Enduro S with 1/1 hubs
Fox X2 vs Float X

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
New to the forum and wondering what people think of the Cascade Turbo Levo link (NOT long shock kit) on a coil. I'm 165 lbs and have an Avalanche tuned Bomber CR on the stock link with a 550 lbs spring. I love it, but this bike is so fast that I find myself riding really hard and can bottom it pretty aggressively. I don't want to go for the long shock kit b/c it's $380 for the link, then converting my shock to a 230x65 would be close to another $400 (so $800 vs. $270).

I think a 600 lbs spring would work best for my weight on the regular Cascade link - anyone else gone coil w/ this link even thought Cascade says not to?

View attachment 105127
I run the regular cascade link with the EXT Storia, it’s been in the bike for a few months now. I’ve had no issues, the shop that retuned my EXT for the levo/link has set tons of them up and no of them have had issues either. It’s a big improvement over the stock link, you’ll definitely like it.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Mainly my thoughts. I would keep the fox 38 on the Expert vs the Zeb and I was wondering how the Traverse wheels stack up against the I9 with 1/1 hubs. With the Expert I would get the FOX X2 shock that I've never tried. Shimano XT 8120 will be going on either bike. I have a demo planned this Friday and I still have to like the bike comparing it to my Rise that I recently sold. Just planning ahead.

It comes down to FOX 38 vs Zeb
Traverse vs I9 Enduro S with 1/1 hubs
Fox X2 vs Float X
FWIW, I had terrible luck with the X2. It blew a seal in the first 50 miles, Fox rebuilt it under warranty. I got it back and put 23 more miles on it before the housing cracked. I’m running a coil now, sold the X2 on.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
FWIW, I had terrible luck with the X2. It blew a seal in the first 50 miles, Fox rebuilt it under warranty. I got it back and put 23 more miles on it before the housing cracked. I’m running a coil now, sold the X2 on.
I heard about all the X2 issues. If going to a coil, the Comp is a no brainer. I have a Fox DHX2 sitting in a box, but I'm not sure if they are recommended with either link.

DMC707

Jan 24, 2023
Norman Oklahoma
Literally the day after i brought home my 2022 Levo Comp the day after Thanksgiving 2 months ago

6zXfTZB.jpg

First personalizations were to the cockpit in the form of my favorite bars and stem from Renthal, plus a Light & Motion Enduro 2500 headlight for those days where i get caught out a little too late

Realizing we all have opinions on things, but mine is that the Saint pedals are the best, -- this pic also reveals that the front and rear brakes were switched out for the correct routing (RH front, LH rear) and i went with Gripshift over the troublesome (for me ) SCRAM trigger shifters

JxZTxyX.jpg

The seat is not a performance oriented choice, -- but i weigh 315 lbs now -- i mostly ride sitting down and this seat is intended for an SE BMX Cruiser. I formerly noted that i am only good for about an hour on a performance seat, but i can doodlebug around on my big bmx for hours , piddling around downtown and cruising the pumptrack

t94NyER.jpg

So the bike is dialled in for me -- however , one change is left. I've been unsuccesful selling my acoustic bike, so ive decided sadly that a part out is in order ---- but i'm not going to let those new Maxxis tan walls and Enve 730's go to waste. The Levo is precisely the caliber of bike the bury Enve's was made for

---- only prob - they are 29'ers , so i get to experiment with putting the swingarm in the low setting so i can try to run these. Rear is a 2.4 Rekon and front is 2.6.
I have zero performance issues with the stock setup , but would just like to get some use out of this cool wheelset too rather than take a beating on Pinkbike selling them

JGR7VLp.jpg

And it could be due to my excess weight, but i have experienced limitations with the stock dropper that i dont have with the Fox setup on the Yeti. It really has a lot of resistance/stiction that makes it tough sometimes in split second decisions to get the post down , so i've had the unfortunate indignity of nearly endo'ing while my own bike tries to take advantage of my backside on a couple of occasions. I'd chalk it up to rider error, except i am riding the same trails as always --- the post does legitimately seem to be a gripe for me on this one

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Literally the day after i brought home my 2022 Levo Comp the day after Thanksgiving 2 months ago

6zXfTZB.jpg

First personalizations were to the cockpit in the form of my favorite bars and stem from Renthal, plus a Light & Motion Enduro 2500 headlight for those days where i get caught out a little too late

Realizing we all have opinions on things, but mine is that the Saint pedals are the best, -- this pic also reveals that the front and rear brakes were switched out for the correct routing (RH front, LH rear) and i went with Gripshift over the troublesome (for me ) SCRAM trigger shifters

JxZTxyX.jpg

The seat is not a performance oriented choice, -- but i weigh 315 lbs now -- i mostly ride sitting down and this seat is intended for an SE BMX Cruiser. I formerly noted that i am only good for about an hour on a performance seat, but i can doodlebug around on my big bmx for hours , piddling around downtown and cruising the pumptrack

t94NyER.jpg

So the bike is dialled in for me -- however , one change is left. I've been unsuccesful selling my acoustic bike, so ive decided sadly that a part out is in order ---- but i'm not going to let those new Maxxis tan walls and Enve 730's go to waste. The Levo is precisely the caliber of bike the bury Enve's was made for

---- only prob - they are 29'ers , so i get to experiment with putting the swingarm in the low setting so i can try to run these. Rear is a 2.4 Rekon and front is 2.6.
I have zero performance issues with the stock setup , but would just like to get some use out of this cool wheelset too rather than take a beating on Pinkbike selling them

JGR7VLp.jpg

And it could be due to my excess weight, but i have experienced limitations with the stock dropper that i dont have with the Fox setup on the Yeti. It really has a lot of resistance/stiction that makes it tough sometimes in split second decisions to get the post down , so i've had the unfortunate indignity of nearly endo'ing while my own bike tries to take advantage of my backside on a couple of occasions. I'd chalk it up to rider error, except i am riding the same trails as always --- the post does legitimately seem to be a gripe for me on this one
The SB100s are a hard to sell bike, all the issues with the switch infinity link on that bike scares a lot of people away. Combine that with the bike market crash and you’ll basically have to give it away. I sold 3 bikes during the “boom” and my SB100 was the last one to go.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Had similiar thoughts going back and forth between Comp Carbon or Expert some months ago.
In the end I said f* it, put a little more money in (compared to the Expert) and got the Pro, came with everything I wanted and so far I'm really happy with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles