Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
So anyone had a strange sound only when you put force through the cranks. Pedal lightly and motor sounds perfect but as soon as I put a fair bit of force it's making a rubbing sound, sort of scraping. Hard to explain.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Anybody know the size and type of bearing in the headset upper and lower ??
This will help
Looks like the headset
(p/n) is shared across some number of Specialized bikes: S182500005 .

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
If replacing headset I'd highly recommend ditching the FSA and going with something better like Chris King. I personally, and many others have reported lots of problems on Specialized models with the FSA headsets. The CK Dropset 5 is what I use.

That said, many/most people seem to be fine with the FSA.

turbolego

Aug 5, 2022
Chico
Guys, just noticed a dent in my rim - running tubeless - so far no air loss, but can I ride like this? Should I try bending it back?

20221126_143721.jpg

20221126_143728.jpg

If I had to replace it I would have to replace the entire wheel minus the tire, disc brake and cassette? Would the hub be included?

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Guys, just noticed a dent in my rim - running tubeless - so far no air loss, but can I ride like this? Should I try bending it back?

View attachment 102135
View attachment 102136
If I had to replace it I would have to replace the entire wheel minus the tire, disc brake and cassette? Would the hub be included?
you replace the rim (+labour) , if the spokes are not very fatigued (less than a year?) you could reuse it, if the rim is the same (or has the same ERD).
you can try to unbend it a bit (or workshop), but not too much, coz aluminium will crack.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Yeah I might try unbending it, but should I even bother if it's holding air fine?
If it's holding, looks ok, other option is to add extra piece of yellow tape on a side.
In the future you can think about new rim, maybe stronger? (DH,ebike specific) depends on your riding finesse :)

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
If it's holding, looks ok, other option is to add extra piece of yellow tape on a side.
In the future you can think about new rim, maybe stronger? (DH,ebike specific) depends on your riding finesse :)
Air pressure? Tires with stiffer/stronger sidewalls? E.g. Maxis DoubleDown (DD) casing. Wider tires and maybe tires with a different profile (per trend towards larger internal rim widths). I have yet to use tire inserts, but these may help too.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

View attachment 102136

I would replace the rim - a crack will eventually form (if not already) where that crease is. Less than an hour of shop time to relace the rim and retape it for tubeless, plus the cost of the rim + tape + sealant.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
definitely tire inserts (even something light like tireinvader, hucknorris, nukeproof ard), I didn't have any dent in 4y now.
and i run around 1.7-1.8 bar at the back

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I would replace the rim - a crack will eventually form (if not already) where that crease is. Less than an hour of shop time to relace the rim and retape it for tubeless, plus the cost of the rim + tape + sealant.

When I had a downhill bike, my rim was full of dents like this one, and it worked just OK. The dents did not crack any further.

Although I used tubes back then, maybe it would be worse with tubeless because of possible air leaks.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
When I had a downhill bike, my rim was full of dents like this one, and it worked just OK. The dents did not crack any further.

Although I used tubes back then, maybe it would be worse with tubeless because of possible air leaks.

I eventually cracked many rims that had dents like that with a clear seam. I'm 100% on carbon rims these days - at least they fail, well 100%. ;-)

Cheers.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
I personally would not spend very much money to repair a Comp level wheel. I'd see if I could straighten it myself or pay a small fee for a shop to straighten it. Beyond that, if it's working I'd just run with it. Keeping an eye out for cracks of course. It would not be worth paying shop rates to have that hub rebuilt with new spokes and new Roval rim. You could buy a new or new/take off for less most likely.

Better yet, spend a few hundred on a wheel stand and lace up a new rim and spokes. Once you have the tools and knowhow you won't need a shop to work on your wheels anymore.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
😥
the update from 15/11/2022 installs a speed limit of 25kmh View attachment 102292
Don't know about local regulations in Switzerland, but in most European markets it's limited to 25 km/h anyway due to legal restrictions. Set the rear wheel diameter to 2000mm, this will show slightly incorrect data for your distance but will give you assistance till around 28/29 km/h .

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
how to change diameter? can you do that in Mission Control app? I thought that field was 'greyed out' (not editable)

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
It shows to me in the Diagnostics settings of the App. Never tried to change it and I'm currently 1000mls away from my bike. LBS showed it to me when I picked it up, maybe they set it up like this and I agreed to keep the settings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles