Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Privateerjon

Jul 24, 2022
Bristol
Something I've felt as my motor has broken in is a distinct increase in resistance above the 25kmh cut off. The first couple of rides I was super impressed how well the bike could maintain a higher speed than my Gen 2 Levo and it could be nicely accelerated with pedal power from 25kmh upwards. Now after only its sixth ride it is back to feeling like my Gen 2 bike when I hit a wall at 25 and it's like pedaling thru treacle. Now I'm looking at derestriction again but that's another story..

Anyone else notice this??

Basically how I’ve felt mine was since new, but assumed normal…

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
I feel like mine can go up and down one minute it feels like it has good assistance the next its not as strong. Sometimes if you bounce on the seat while pedalling it can make it work better.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
simple TCU vs MasterMind
Do I loose a lot ? On MasterMind you can see some extra stats (like expected range?), but some of them will be available on my Garmin Edge thru Ant+, right? (like power, battery etc.)

I'm just thinking If i need higher version with Mastermind, when I plan to change some parts anyway.... (fork, possibly shock, brakes)

Last edited:

Privateerjon

Jul 24, 2022
Bristol
simple TCU vs MasterMind
Do I loose a lot ? On MasterMind you can see some extra stats (like expected range?), but some of them will be available on my Garmin Edge thru Ant+, right? (like power, battery etc.)

Yea, you can add a data screen on a Garmin which shows the remaining battery percentage and mode your currently in. This is on a simple TCU module.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
so what's extra info is on MasterMind TCU? something that it's not available thru Ant+ ?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
You also don’t get Microtune on the standard TCU where you can cycle support/peak power up (they set in Microtune to the same percentage) up and and down in 10% increments. For me this is the most useful feature rather than using Eco/Trail/Turbo.

Chuch

Feb 14, 2020
Virginia Beach
Fellas, on the 22 comps with the 36 Rythm E fork, is it possible to upgrade to the Grip 2 damper still? I am seeing conflicting information. Thanks in advance!

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
my baby.
for a long time I follow this levo tread, now I could buy a top maintained expert s3 (178cm) from the test fleet of my dealer with new 700wh battery. engine 3400km runs very quietly. warranty, like a new bike sale.

A07E0223-A029-4123-BA1A-63A23BB31DBA.jpeg

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
So what shock upgrades can you propose for Levo gen3 ?
any longer options than 210x55? and at the end, does it make sense to put Cascade link (standard shock) when it makes leverage ration even higher?
and there are some problems (even snapper air shocks) with longr cascade link.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So what shock upgrades can you propose for Levo gen3 ?
any longer options than 210x55? and at the end, does it make sense to put Cascade link (standard shock) when it makes leverage ration even higher?
and there are some problems (even snapper air shocks) with longr cascade link.
It’s not the leverage ratio that’s causing problems with some shocks, it’s the side forces being put on the shock by the frame design. The cascade link raises the progression to 28%, it’s keeps the bike from bottoming out so easy. IMO, that’s the way it should have come from the factory.

If you want a longer shock then I’d say go with the long shock kit from Cascade, you can run a 235x65 shock and it will increase the travel to 165mm.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
From what I can tell there have been less shock breakages once Specialized removed that flip chip at the end of the clevis. The Gen 3 without the chip seems to be more of a solid connection (I say solid in the best way an offset clevis can be).

boylagz

Nov 13, 2021
jcgo1985
Coil shocks with skinny shafts eg. Fox, Ohlins were prone to snapping. Looking to try the new SDeluxe coil, new RS stuff look legit. I have the SDeluxe air in my analog bike.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Coil shocks with skinny shafts eg. Fox, Ohlins were prone to snapping. Looking to try the new SDeluxe coil, new RS stuff look legit. I have the SDeluxe air in my analog bike.
There was a post on here about the new RS coils, there’s a specific part number that RS says to use for the Levo. If you go with the coil I’d be sure to make sure you get that one.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hi, I sent an email to Andreani Italian importer Ohlins and he confirmed that there are no compatibility problems between ttx22 coil and Turbo Levo

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I'm thinking about AIR, I'm not sure if i need 165mm travel, I guess i could put shorter shock with cascade long link ? (230x62.5mm stroke would give me 158mm travel)

TT3

Oct 28, 2022
Germany
Hi, can someone here tell me the dimensions for the bushings ? I just ordered an rock Shox super deluxe ultimate rct ...

The Bike is not here, so I can not quickly look / measure

Thank you

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
H
Hi, can someone here tell me the dimensions for the bushings ? I just ordered an rock Shox super deluxe ultimate rct ...

The Bike is not here, so I can not quickly look / measure

Thank you
I used 12.7mm for the lower and the original fitting kit for the upper 🤟

Reactions: TT3

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I'm surprised (in a good way) with range on my Levo, 2 days in a row I did about 1900m elevation (40km, 55km)
First day, most of a time I used Trail (40 support, peak power 80)
and on a second day, as I felt a bit more tired, most of the time I used turbo (which I set to 50% support, 100% power).
It's way more than on Bosch, but also I feel that power delivery is more 'gentle' (natural?).
Or should I set support a bit higher? :)

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Does anybody have any info of the Spesh lineup for 2023?
I initially wanted to go for a Levo Expert but now have the cash for a Pro, which I really dig, but I'm concerned to order one now and then in one or two months they'll release an updated version. I know usual lifecycle with Spesh is three years, so there should be no big changes, but you never know.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Does anybody have any info of the Spesh lineup for 2023?
I initially wanted to go for a Levo Expert but now have the cash for a Pro, which I really dig, but I'm concerned to order one now and then in one or two months they'll release an updated version. I know usual lifecycle with Spesh is three years, so there should be no big changes, but you never know.
2023s are already out, there’s no changes with the Pro except a price boost….in the UK anyway. You’d be better off looking for a 2022, sure they’re discounted by now. I bought mine for £2k off retail as the store was clearing out 2022 inventory.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Currently working abroad, gonna check with my LBS in two weeks or so. There was a 500 Euro price bump in central Europe as well. Don't think they have any in stock at the shop now but it's available online through Spesh. Wouldn't mind to get a "22" model for a reduced price if there were no changes.

Cheers to Fort William, been there in September, nice little town.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
ah... ok, now I understand support percentage, with 45-50% motor worked on maximum power only on shorter punchy climbs - thus i saved a lot of battery

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles