Review Odi Rogue Lock-On Grips (You need these)

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Product Image:
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 5.36.28 PM.jpg

Product name: Odi Rogue Lock-On Grips (You need these)
Price paid: 23 USD
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: I first discovered these grips years back, and was hooked. The first thing you notice is the large diameter; they much more control than those little kiddy grips made by other manufactures. These measure in at about 1.3 inches. For comparison, the grips that came on my brand new Santa Cruz are 1.1" in diameter. Those girly grips got replaced in a couple weeks.

I've used these for years on other bikes. After the size, the next thing you notice is the softness of the compound. It's a little compressible, which decreases hand fatigue. It's not as soft as foam grips, and not as hard as some compounds.

The surprising characteristic is their stickiness. It's not sticky like a lollipop that's will pick up debris, but your hands stick to it nevertheless. It's hot here, and I often ride without gloves to stay cool. But riding in hot weather causes hands to sweat. One might assume that sweaty hands would slip right off rubber grips, but they don't. Somehow, the grips remain sticky when wet.

Lastly, the grips are durable. I don't recall having worn a pair out.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Q. You know what the girls say about guys with small hands?

A. Don't buy them Odi grips!

If you were closer, we could trade my smaller grips for your bigger ones.

H.E.

May 31, 2021
the mountains
I use those since about 2 years, they fit great on my larger Hands (Size 10)
without gloves (with gloves they are fine too - i only use gloves for weather protection).

Also agree with the sweat, under heavy rain they lose a bit of this sticky feeling but it just works.
They hold pretty good but they do wear, if you compare a worn out to a new one the difference is clear.
However its possible to buy the grips as replacement parts (without the lock rings)

KS has a remote that is Odi Lock on compatible - replaces on lockring.
okiKS.jpg

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
I use the Rogue's for about 3 yrs now, my favourite grip for sure.
They help a little with vibration compared to the std ones on the Kona 153 I had.
I have large hands also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles