Nyon (MY21)Aftermarket upgrade....installed.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I just installed my Bosch Nyon (my21) aftermarket upgrade to replace the Kiox upgrade that I previously installed. Installation was a breeze as the cables were the same as the ones for the KIOX that it replaced. This meant that dropping the motor/battery mounts wasn't necessary. I just unscrewed the base plate from the mount, removed the 4pin cable from the NYON and installed the 4pin cable off of the KIOX which was already installed through the frame. When I test fit it on the bike, it was positioned as an out front mount. With the display in the correct position, the arms of the mount angled forward.......not backwards as you see in all of the reviews online. To correct this I had to rotate the mounting plate 180 degrees and then reinstalled it to the mount. The mount could then be angled backwards correctly positioning the display over the stem.

Once installed I took some pics to compare the size of it to the Garmin `1030 that I run on my Orbea Rallon. The Nyon is definitely more wide but when compared to the 1030, the size is actually pretty comparable. I took comparison photos below. The last photo I took to show you what the position of the Nyon would have been if I didn't rotate the mount and base plate 180 degrees before install. I am curious if all of the reviewers did this same thing or was my Nyon's base plate installed backwards from the factory.... The programmable modes are available as a $4.99 upgrade similar to the lock feature. If you already purchased the lock feature.....It will transfer to the new display. I do plan on ordering a 3d printed bumper cover that I found online to protect the display unit as there doesn't currently seem to be many aftermarket protection products/mounts for the Nyon at the moment. I'll be going out on the first ride tonight, and test the programmable modes over the coming weeks.

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
I was thinking about the Nyon21 too. But the size is too big for riding through forest and rocky hills. What about drops and what falls and bumps? The kiox is good size. I love the Nyon's maps and navigation and custom mode also.
I have kiox mount on the stem, because when I tried the Trek original frame tube mount, I cant read display without the big head movement.
So let it serve and I am curious about the experience.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I was thinking about the Nyon21 too. But the size is too big for riding through forest and rocky hills. What about drops and what falls and bumps? The kiox is good size. I love the Nyon's maps and navigation and custom mode also.
I have kiox mount on the stem, because when I tried the Trek original frame tube mount, I cant read display without the big head movement.
So let it serve and I am curious about the experience.
I've ridden with the Garmin 1030 for years through forest, rocks, big crashes, etc in Northern California.....I've never had an issue with it's size. I don't see the Nyon being any different, but only time will tell.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Since the Nyon allegedly can program custom assist modes, I'm curious if you can make tailored modes with the Nyon and then run them on the Kiox.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Since the Nyon allegedly can program custom assist modes, I'm curious if you can make tailored modes with the Nyon and then run them on the Kiox.
I don’t think that would work…you can definitely adjust power but based on speed and assistance level, not torque/cadence but I haven’t messed with it yet.

4CA6AB89-F9F3-4BC1-A8AA-C2D8EAAFF47D.png

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
Hello, How do you like the Nyon for trail riding? Do you use the custom modes? I would love to see pics of your custom settings. Also, do you find yourself using the GPS for navigation? I installed a Nyon on my HT adventure bike but am considering installing one on my eMTB for the custom riding modes (like for epic rides or rides that have long gravel sections)

Thanks!

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Hello, How do you like the Nyon for trail riding? Do you use the custom modes? I would love to see pics of your custom settings. Also, do you find yourself using the GPS for navigation? I installed a Nyon on my HT adventure bike but am considering installing one on my eMTB for the custom riding modes (like for epic rides or rides that have long gravel sections)

Thanks!
TBH I just preferred the display size as it compares to the Garmin 1030 I use on my regular bikes. I do use the routes for the GPS Nav when planning new rides. The custom modes I never used much...never took the time to mess with them. Didn't like how it was only customizeable through speed and assistance vs Torque and assistance like other brands. It would have been better if you still had access to eMTB/eMTB lite modes as well as custom modes instead of one or the other.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles