Review Nukeproof horizon pedals

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Latest update , I’ve returned 2 sets of our nukeproof pedals to chain reaction , one set my daughter has used was literally falling apart with the pedals working their way off the bearing shaft , my set were clearly heading down the same route , and I could see no way to service or adjust them ,, considering they were new in February I felt they were unfit for purpose , although very good to use when new . Chain reaction have accepted a warranty refund or replacement on both sets . So I can only presume Iam not the first here .
I hope my original review of the pedals didn’t make too many of you disappointed if you have similar problems now but I wasn’t to know the quality was so poor .

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Another update - I bought the Saints on your recommendation and theyre brilliant. Probably my most comfy SPD pedals yet :)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My Horizons are still okay, touch wood, but just in case what’s the price of the Saints? My google-fu is obviously weak in this area as I can’t seem to find the SPD versions.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Search for Saint M820 SPD. £80 on CRC (or £72 with BC discount if you spend an extra 20 quid - it's how they get me every time....)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Thanks, I'll them to the list of stuff I want but don't need. Right now.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
Latest update , I’ve returned 2 sets of our nukeproof pedals to chain reaction , one set my daughter has used was literally falling apart with the pedals working their way off the bearing shaft , my set were clearly heading down the same route , and I could see no way to service or adjust them ,, considering they were new in February I felt they were unfit for purpose , although very good to use when new . Chain reaction have accepted a warranty refund or replacement on both sets . So I can only presume Iam not the first here .
I hope my original review of the pedals didn’t make too many of you disappointed if you have similar problems now but I wasn’t to know the quality was so poor .
I went to Saints on your recommendation too and couldn't be happier, awesome SPD pedals... tough I am thinking on buy some flats too (I feel that could give me more flexibility/ confidence on new trails), most likely DMR vault and 5/10 shoes will be added to my gear.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles