Not a good start🙄🙄

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Found out my order for a 160 cube with 750 battery has been put back until at least june so decided to look elsewhere.
Did some research found great reviews on the giant reign found a e+2 in stock at my lbs so pulled the trigger and put my money on it.
Out of the box no motor power display lights up.
Suspected faulty controller. New one arrived still no power finds out that the motor is DOA also needs a new wiring harness so instead of riding this week at least 2 more weeks wait.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Found out my order for a 160 cube with 750 battery has been put back until at least june so decided to look elsewhere.
Did some research found great reviews on the giant reign found a e+2 in stock at my lbs so pulled the trigger and put my money on it.
Out of the box no motor power display lights up.
Suspected faulty controller. New one arrived still no power finds out that the motor is DOA also needs a new wiring harness so instead of riding this week at least 2 more weeks wait.
That is so disappointing! I have to say it also sounds like the LBS does not have a clue! How do they know the motor is dead and why would both the motor be dead and the wiring harness faulty?? Personally I would reject the bike and look for another.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Not sure tbh they have spoken to giant and they are replacing both items fingers crossed it sorts it thats what a 2yr warranty is for bit quicker than i thought though

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
That's really strange for the LBS to have let this situation happen.

My LBS tested everything & charged the battery for me before delivering the bike...looks like your LBS did not even try to power it on lol.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
That's really strange for the LBS to have let this situation happen.

My LBS tested everything & charged the battery for me before delivering the bike...looks like your LBS did not even try to power it on lol.
Its not been delivered it was brought in a box from another branch for me to look at so has never been tested or ridden until a couple of days ago

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Seems odd, it was brought in a box for you to look at? Does this mean it was up to you to set up yourself? If so, did you perform all the steps to wake the battery from hibernation mode?

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Update from the lbs motor was fine bike needed a new harness and speed sensor when the motor was installed the wiring was crushed by it and several wires were damaged including the speed sensor cable just waiting for that to arrive giant sent the wrong one then it should be sorted

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Tomorrow is new bike day rejected the last bike managed to source another bike in my size its been 6 long months cant wait
Good luck. Here in Quebec some received their fatbike after 14 months of delays. They ordered in december 2020 with an expected delivery in sept 2021 but they just received them and many parts were lower value than expected. Check it before paying. May the riders god be with you.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Bikes here just invisiframe to fit then the fun begins

20220313_122805.jpg

20220313_113622.jpg

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Yes mate only managed 2x rides its a completely different animal to my previous bike the longer travel and big front wheel takes some getting used to the suspension though is something else just need to play with settings now to get a sorted set up back tire i dont rate so would be the only change

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
Yes mate only managed 2x rides its a completely different animal to my previous bike the longer travel and big front wheel takes some getting used to the suspension though is something else just need to play with settings now to get a sorted set up back tire i dont rate so would be the only change
Good to hear, see the 160's from cube still not arrived in the UK 🤦‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles