Norco sight

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
Anybody know how the norco sight pedals by the cut off point ? And how the bike rides ? Thinking about buying either this or the decoy ?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Anybody know how the norco sight pedals by the cut off point ? And how the bike rides ? Thinking about buying either this or the decoy ?
Are you looking at the VLT 1 or 2? I demoed it 1 hr on small and 1 hr on med. Do you mean when you reach the legal max(32 kmh where i live). I was on unknowned trails so i never reached the max but it is Shimano so i can say like other Shimano(i hope that helps). I realy enjoyed how much it is playfull. The chainstay is shorter than my Ebike and quick turns were a joy. I also enjoyed the suspension, those 2 points were big positive for me. I tried the more expansive version, it was the only one available. Other than the price i do not like the fixed battery, only a dealer can remove it. I never tried the Decoy. Being Canadian in my area the Norco has a good name. If you need your guarentee they will be there.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Norco and the YT will behave exactly the same, as they both use the Shimano motor.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Quick one, why does battery removal seem such a big issue with this bike?
A battery should be recharged not too cold(i have minus 40 in Canada) and not too hot, so i guess it depends where you live. I wrote them on that topic on their facebook page. Also if you travel will there be an outlet where you need it? I kind of remember reading it from their website and also from a reviewer.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
A battery should be recharged not too cold(i have minus 40 in Canada) and not too hot, so i guess it depends where you live. I wrote them on that topic on their facebook page. Also if you travel will there be an outlet where you need it? I kind of remember reading it from their website and also from a reviewer.

Yeah thanks mate, it won't really affect me as my bike would be stored indoors all the time and I don't really travel to ride tbf. The trails I go down are about 0.5 miles from my house :LOL:

Lino

Jul 26, 2019
Hilmar, Ca. USA
On the highest gear and going about 18 MPH the power assist tapers off, I can tell that I have to pedal a little harder to reach the 20 MPH where it completely drops off.
Now peddling a bike with these big tires at that speed on flat ground is not that easy, I have not compared to peddling at that speed with assist completely off.
I cruise at 18 MPH on flat ground and to me the speed is fine.
I have not had a chance to hit any trails with downhills because of my work schedule.
I do love the bike, just wish I had my time to enjoy life.

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
On the highest gear and going about 18 MPH the power assist tapers off, I can tell that I have to pedal a little harder to reach the 20 MPH where it completely drops off.
Now peddling a bike with these big tires at that speed on flat ground is not that easy, I have not compared to peddling at that speed with assist completely off.
I cruise at 18 MPH on flat ground and to me the speed is fine.
I have not had a chance to hit any trails with downhills because of my work schedule.
I do love the bike, just wish I had my time to enjoy life.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I am in Quebec, Canada and what he described is similar to my Yamaha 2017. There is no suddent lights off more like a dimmer. With a backwind i might sustain 34kms or more but i guess gravity is helping me a bit. Often going to the trails or pedaling my way back i am at 29-31 km/h our legal cut off is 32 or 20mph.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles