Norco Sight VLT

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I like it.

US$6499 That's about £5K for the mid model with big battery, Pikes and 12 speed transmission. Presumably plus VAT. Doesn't seem too OTT to me.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Seeing the prices published and thinking about those of normal Norco MTBs that have excellent quality but are not cheap there I find enough in line if I think of those of the other top brands, indeed, talking about a carbon frame if for example comparing prices with the Specy Levo 2019 we are still something lower but with the best components on the Sight.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
bike-sideshot.jpg
p5pb16545088.jpg
sight-vlt-2-red.png
sight-vlt-2-grey.png
sight-vlt-3-black.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Tasty - according to website not available in UK? Rivaling the Levo for integration.

Wonder how much it weighs, if they have got that close to 22kg with a bigger battery will be quite an achievement

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just seen 22.3kg for a size m - thats impressive with the bigger battery. However its says battery can only be removed by dealer, so similar to the Focus Jam.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
No XL and bringing the battery inside easily is a major plus for me in winter. Looks very tidy though I'm not in the market anyway

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Just seen 22.3kg for a size m - thats impressive with the bigger battery. However its says battery can only be removed by dealer, so similar to the Focus Jam.
This bike went straight to the top of my most wanted list until i saw your comment about non removable battery. drat

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
It’d be nice if it could have an add on battery like the focus. The bottom of the line sight vlt could be a great build project to get the lightest weight, with the esteps 7000 and lighter battery

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
sight-vlt-3-black-png.7365

Now that ^^ is THE nicest looking Emtb I have ever seen. o_O

geometry's not too bad either.
Quite heavy. but that's to be expected with an internal battery plus the extra capacity isn't going to help

What I don't get is why bike companies with some of the worlds best bike handlers working for them make such shit promo videos for their Emtbs. If you ever watched the Earthed series of videos or followed DH WC racing from the mid '00s you'll know exactly how Bryn Atkinson is capable of riding. Watching him fishing and then looking uncomfortable riding UP a hill for the full fist half of the video and then doing a few kickouts and one euro table over a little jump on the descent made me sad :(

Bryn has the sickest cutties in mtb, whips, scrubs, manuals and drifts like a complete boss and when he rides loose it's utterly breathtaking.. I just don't get it. it's almost as if the mtb industry thinks Emtbs are all bought by unfit unskilled middle aged pussies who'll never get the things sideways intentionally or ride them to anywhere near the potential of how they can be ridden so purposely dumb down the rad factor in all their marketing.... oh wait! :unsure::whistle:

anyway here's a glimpse of some of what Bryn (and an Emtb for that matter) is actually capable of on two wheels

That Stealth model is absolutely lovely tho. so i forgive you NORCO

leverleg

Sep 16, 2018
britain
this bike does sound nice on paper. seems they will be available in europe from 4999 euros for base to 7499 euros for the top carbon model.

160/150 front rear travel, 630mw battery (500 in base model)

all details here: norco site

just dont tell the site your british or they wont tell you about the bike lol I said I was german and it gave up the goods in english.

I know nothing about the company or the bike just seen it on instagram and it caught my eye. it looks tidy and the slightly bigger battery must be sweet.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Where is the speed sensor located? On the rear chain stay or id the magnet disc mounted?

Nautonier

Nov 22, 2018
Melbourne
Can you weigh it for us? If the mid spec is ~22, I'd like to know what this one actually weighs. I would have thought the carbon frame would lose quite a bit of weight compared to all the full alloy models.

I am a bit surprised at the crappy shocks you see on so many ebikes. For bikes that are designed for full trail/enduro/DH riding, you would expect to see more heavy-duty offerings like the X2 and coil shocks. It's an expensive item to have to swap out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles