Norco Sight VLT Skid Guard fixing

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Hello all, just got my Sight VLT A2 - how come Norco doesn't have a sub forum ?
Anyway, does anyone know how to secure the skid guard under the bottom bracket? The 3M adhesive on it does not look like it would last the first hit.
Anything else I need to know about the bike (after a Bosch Gen 2)

Cheers

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
1646734529453.png

For clarity - not the plastic casing - the rubber cover. Part 47 here.
Mine was in the the box of bits.
There's no holes for bolt mounting

Adrian99

Mar 19, 2022
Western Australia
Took mine out for it's first ride the other day and returned home to find my skid guard missing. Looking for ideas on anything I can replace it with as the replacement skid guards are out of stock for a while.

Lucas8

Nov 25, 2022
The North Shore
Same thing happened to me. My local Norco shop says they have no idea when they could get a replacement. They also said they use epoxy whenever they did replace them.

I ended up ordering some 1/4" SBR rubber sheet off Amazon and am just going to cut my own. A quick Google says that a cyanoacrylate glue (aka super glue) is best for rubber so I'm also going to try that.

TyMTB_NY

Nov 18, 2022
Took mine out for it's first ride the other day and returned home to find my skid guard missing. Looking for ideas on anything I can replace it with as the replacement skid guards are out of stock for a while.
I lost mine the first ride too. I used some mastic tape for a temporary solution. I then ordered some small sheets of kydex (gun holster material). I used the paper backing from the original as a template, and cut a piece to fit, formed it with a heat gun and attached it with some 3m automotive moulding tape. It works great but is thinner than the rubber one. I like kydex for bottom brackets & lower section of down tubes as it slides over rocks & roots rather than sticking to it. I've done this now w/ a couple of my bikes.

TyMTB_NY

Nov 18, 2022
Has anyone successfully mounted an iscg type bash guard to their Range/Sight VLT?
I been thinking about this very thing. The chainring really doesn't protrude from the BB/motor housing so it kinda seems unnecessary, but there is a third bolt hole there to allow for a full guide/guard to be installed. Found a nice deal on an mrp amg v2 that will cover up to a 34t sprocket. I'll post a pic if I drop the dough & try it.

discdigger

Dec 29, 2022
Worcester MA
Hey Gent's, I attached that pad with "shoe goo" adhesive. I bought a rockstop skid guard. But attached it with long zip ties instead of the supplied adhesive pads. Not sure how many good scrapes it can withstand, I've only got 2 rides in so far. You would have to cut the last zip tie to get at the battery of course

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles