Norco sight v l t 2 value ?

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
Iv just bought a norco sight v l t 2 on sale for £4,150, it as £5,900, I bought the bike thinking I would sell it sometime down the line,it’s brand new if I were to sell it now how much would it sell for roughly without the warranty ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It'll be worth far more with the warranty, can it be transferred to the new owner?

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
No not with norco.i bought the bike thinking I could sell it on down the line but I’m wondering how much my bike is worth now if I knew the warranty was non transferable I wouldn’t have bought it.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
In my area there is no market, very few to sell so if i was lucky to find a motivated buyer that fits i would say 50% of regular retail price. But less is likely. The lower # of the engine brings the value down, so does the fixed battery, so does the many issues of Shimano. Basically accept any cash offer, you over paid and you will suffer a low resale value in my opinion. The next day a buyer might have a heavy bike without assist.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
In my area there is no market, very few to sell so if i was lucky to find a motivated buyer that fits i would say 50% of regular retail price. But less is likely. The lower # of the engine brings the value down, so does the fixed battery, so does the many issues of Shimano. Basically accept any cash offer, you over paid and you will suffer a low resale value in my opinion. The next day a buyer might have a heavy bike without assist.

I am sorry but that is a load of rubbish, and you need to stop posting on various threads about how you think other motors are bad with no evidence of your own. This kind of response is not helpful and misleading.

The slight VLT is one of the best EMTB's on the market at the moment, the Shimano motor has no more or less problems than any other, and the motor itself has a two year warranty direct with Shimano, irrelevant of who owns the bike, as long as the owner has the original proof of purchase.

Any EMTB is going to drop value due to concerns over the motors, but the reality is that people buy bikes perceived on what they think is cool as much as anything else, and as the Norco is regarded as a pretty cool bike I don't think you will have a problem if you want to sell it.

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
I am sorry but that is a load of rubbish, and you need to stop posting on various threads about how you think other motors are bad with no evidence of your own. This kind of response is not helpful and misleading.

The slight VLT is one of the best EMTB's on the market at the moment, the Shimano motor has no more or less problems than any other, and the motor itself has a two year warranty direct with Shimano, irrelevant of who owns the bike, as long as the owner has the original proof of purchase.

Any EMTB is going to drop value due to concerns over the motors, but the reality is that people buy bikes perceived on what they think is cool as much as anything else, and as the Norco is regarded as a pretty cool bike I don't think you will have a problem if you want to sell it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ignore red. Red has a yamaha motor. Because his hasn't broken, yamaha's are the best motors.

They're all good motors. Some fail, if you look at the numbers out there it's inevitable. From threads this week I've read 2 Bosch failures, 3 shimano's, 3 brose and 5 yamaha's. Such a small snapshot proves nothing.

Just sold my E8000 hardtail this week. 6 months old. 1600km's. Lost 30%. Mainly because I overpaid at time of purchase. It was bought by a dealer who wanted it for a client and I wanted it gone ASAP as it's just sitting there.

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
I’m

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
M

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Might be worth actually writing to norco about the warranty thing to confirm. It would also be in their interest if it's transferable as longer term, they'll lose sales if people know they can't transfer the warranty when they sell it on. As R120 said, the shimano warranty is valid for 2 years and the motors the most expensive part to change, so the part people will be most concerned about.

You spent quite a while asking questions about different bikes before you bought the Norco, wouldn't it be best to ride it and enjoy it or do you just not get along with it ?? Realistically, you've got yourself a really well spec'd bike for the money. AND it looks pretty ! :)

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
Might be worth actually writing to norco about the warranty thing to confirm. It would also be in their interest if it's transferable as longer term, they'll lose sales if people know they can't transfer the warranty when they sell it on. As R120 said, the shimano warranty is valid for 2 years and the motors the most expensive part to change, so the part people will be most concerned about.

You spent quite a while asking questions about different bikes before you bought the Norco, wouldn't it be best to ride it and enjoy it or do you just not get along with it ?? Realistically, you've got yourself a really well spec'd bike for the money. AND it looks pretty ! :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No ones asking you to apologise, just think about what you are posting before you type.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles