Norco 2022/2023 Battery Removal

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
It's in the -20C weather here and my workshop isn't keeping up above zero so want to pull my battery for the first time.

Undid the bolt, undid the connect and it doesn't even wiggle. Bike is upside down, I'm pulling and pulling, wiggling, etc and nothing moves. Any more force, and I'm breaking something. Am I missing something? Instructions are very lacking or its jammed good.

edit: it is the 900Wh battery

Last edited:

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Ok haha, it took a month, but I figured it out :)

Norco has zero instructions on this in their documentation or on their website, but there is a bolt that was added to act like a stopper that plugs the hole and access to the real bolt.

Normally you'd just loose that bolt, and I guess, somehow pull the plug out. No clue how you are meant to do that. In my case, I think the bolt was over-tightened, and the bolt, spacer, plug and washer all came out as separate pieces that I had to pull out with computer pliers. Then I had access to the actual bolt, and the battery came out fine.

I understand this extra plug was added after some bolts worked themselves loose. I do recall watching 2 separate youtube videos where people's batteries dropped while riding. This must have been the solution but it basically makes it impossible to remove the battery without micro plyers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles