Noise new motor Bosch CX.

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Noise motor Bosch CX.
This week I got my new bike OBEA Wild H10. I found the the motor so very noisy, I was really amazed. This is mijn fifth bike with a Bosch XC motor. This summer I rode a few CUBE bikes with the same Bosch engines, there was no problem. Also I did a lot of guided tours with clients with many Bosch motors, no problems and now I have this problem. My dealer says this is normal. I cannot believe this. I hope ORBEA/Bosch comes with a solution. What do you guys think about this.
Please listen to the end, the video is only sound.

Last edited:

Freeforester

Nov 6, 2022
Grampian
Sounds rather loud, much louder than my (recently serviced) performance CX 2020 motor, but it’s not a ‘22 Smart motor of course, so better to compare like with like - someone with one may be along to advise. Personally, if mine was making that noise I’d be asking the dealer to compare it side by side with another Smart CX motor, which would leave the dealer less room to discount your concerns; of course, if the other motor is equally noisy, then it may be the case that they are all like this (unlikely) or the grease applying technician had the day off!

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Sounds rather loud, much louder than my (recently serviced) performance CX 2020 motor, but it’s not a ‘22 Smart motor of course, so better to compare like with like - someone with one may be along to advise. Personally, if mine was making that noise I’d be asking the dealer to compare it side by side with another Smart CX motor, which would leave the dealer less room to discount your concerns; of course, if the other motor is equally noisy, then it may be the case that they are all like this (unlikely) or the grease applying technician had the day off!
A great idea. Thank you very much.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Well, I don‘t think that my Cube 2022 with the Smart CX is that noisy in any of the modes. There had been vids on Youtube with Cube 2022 Stereo Hybrids driving Turbo and that seemed to be loud like yours. Here is one where it seems to be quiet and the guy is not talking to much an did not add music: Cube Riding

However, In Turbo it is louder than Tour+ or eMTB but for the rest mine is much much more quiet than 2014 Bosch Active Line.

Where did you mount the microphone and what kind of mic is it?

Last edited:

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
I had a look at the video, also on his video about auto mode and I never hear the low noise on my new bike. I have a lot of experience with CUBE bikes 2022 and I never had any noises like my new ORBEA bike.
My telephone is a Xiaomi 11 pro max mounted on the top of the frame.
Thanks for your reply.

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
An update on this post everybody in the shop said this was normal, but I couldn’t live with it. They made me an offer to change back to Specialized turbo levo a difference of night and day. I’m so happy with the new turbo levo it’s so quiet, no way comparing with the Bosch.

139FF52D-FD90-4649-A149-4408F4872268.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles