Night rides.

E

EddieJ

For some reason I have always loved night riding, and try to get out for a night ride three to four times a week. Last year I managed to get in about 200hrs of night riding fun and probably about the same for the previous two years as well.

I'm pretty lucky in that I can be off road and riding within one minute of leaving the house, and have several brilliant spots to venture into. I've had a few incidents, seen some pretty odd things, but it's all good fun.

Equipment wise, my current lighting set up is the superb Magicshine Eagle F3, with just a cheapo back light. I carry spare lighting as well, and also a wrist mounted torch that I shall write about a little later.

So, does anyone else love night riding, and what lighting set up do you use?

A mixed bunch.

n4.JPG sdafq.jpg z1.jpg n7.JPG night1.JPG nz9.jpg
nzz2.jpg z4.jpg z2.JPG DSCF2290.JPG tt5.jpg zz1.jpg zz5a.jpg

zz4a.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
When I was working in Fareham I used to go out to QECP twice a week for evening rides all year round. It's great fun, especially as it brings new challenges to known trails. I used a couple of cheap-ass Chinese lights from eBay but my much better heeled riding buddies had Exposure lights.

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
For some reason I have always loved night riding, and try to get out for a night ride three to four times a week. Last year I managed to get in about 200hrs of night riding fun and probably about the same for the previous two years as well.

I'm pretty lucky in that I can be off road and riding within one minute of leaving the house, and have several brilliant spots to venture into. I've had a few incidents, seen some pretty odd things, but it's all good fun.

Equipment wise, my current lighting set up is the superb Magicshine Eagle F3, with just a cheapo back light. I carry spare lighting as well, and also a wrist mounted torch that I shall write about a little later.

So, does anyone else love night riding, and what lighting set up do you use?

A mixed bunch.

View attachment 316 View attachment 317 View attachment 318 View attachment 319 View attachment 320 View attachment 321
View attachment 323 View attachment 324 View attachment 325 View attachment 326 View attachment 327 View attachment 328 View attachment 329
Amazing photos

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles