Newbie to E bikes

jaybar

Jun 14, 2021
I have been riding for 30 years. Mostly road bikes but did MTB in the winter when I lived in the North. I became pretty good at it and did a few races back in the '90. But retired and moved South so not much on the MTB scene, so stayed on the road. Now getting long in the tooth and still try to get out three days a week doing 30 miles per ride. But it is getting harder and harder to enjoy. I ride North and South on my ride. One way will have a tail wind and usually the trip home will have a head wind. I am ready to give up and get some assist. Always doing my own work I know I can build a ebike, so started to watch Youtube video's about the build process and evaluate products.
So I came across Bob's MTB build and thought it looked interesting. I wanted to get a parts list as he advertises so I just joined the forum. However at this point I don't think I want a dual suspension since I will mostly be concerned with road riding and if I go off road there just aren't any boulders to bounce off here in Florida. So I plan on checking out the posts on this forum to learn about motors and frames and kits that may suite my needs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles