Newbie here just picked up 2022 e zesty !

stevekingchef

Sep 27, 2022
Sussex uk
Hi guys ,Steve here Sussex based ,

After a brief flaunt with ebikes during lockdown ,

Picked up a norco sight Shimano bike ,was a absolute tank of a bike that lasted just over a week ,then bike died ,after 3 weeks of bike being in shop ,dealer told me 6-9mpnths for a new frame motor replacement,not happy after spending 5k on a brand new bike ,

So I swapped that for the only available XL bike in my budget in stock the levo SL ,I simply didn't gel with the bike ,way too short ,sketchy feeling bike couldn't pin what I didn't like and the power just wasn't there ,

So this got sold and I went back to a steel frame hsrdtsil hello Dave ,weapon of a bike ,real old school feeling rattling down the trails ,but with work ,life etc I simply couldnt keep up fitness wise .

So I took the plunge and picked up a lapierre ezesty 2022 ,fazua motor ebike ,I must say it's amazing ,the geometry for aggressive trial riding is superb ,as a bike it just feels nailed in every aspect ,the motor seems to have plenty of power to push me up the hills with mates on normal bikes and I'm full of energy for the decents !

The zesty will be going to BPW next week and I'll see how it fairs !

Apart from lose rear end that needs sorting out I'm hoping once torqued up won't be a issue

stevekingchef

Sep 27, 2022
Sussex uk
Welcome
How was BPW ?
Bikepark Wales was absolutely brilliant. The rain was relentless as always. The bike performed amazingly well due to the weather we mainly road blue trousers with a couple of red trails. A few issues arose the motor was cutting out on the the more technical runs roots manuva being one of them even on the flowey technical blues. At the end of the day I noticed the whole bottom bracket of the fazua system become loose upon inspection one of the bolt had fallen out and the other three had become extremely loose. The dropper post also stuck and prior to leaving the entire rear linkage was the loose and way way under torque settings. I have contacted tredz to discuss the bottom bracket in error. But the bike in terms of suspension geometry was truly one of the best bikes I've ever ridden inclined descended was fast in the corners and Burns that was flying.tbe guys I rode with made comment that I was the fastest I've ever be on a bike I've only had 5 weeks. Bike park Wales where are amazing as always the uplift service we never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes and we managed to get in a 8 runs which for a group of 12 who can't decide what trails we going to ride was quite impressive. Food was great as always plentiful and warm and generally I can't wait to get back there as soon as possible

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Ah in general a good time then bar a few technical issues
BPW is an hour or so away for me so me and my mate get up there quite a bit its a blast even in the damp
We always ride up to the top and generally get about five runs in so not a bad day out
My mate doesn't ride as much as me so he has had plenty by then :)
Glad you had a good day thou.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles