Newbie from Glasshouse mountains, Qld Australia

Hi everyone,
Ive been lurking for a little while, but got a Merida 900e XL this week. Im a longterm mtn bike rider (since the lates 80s..) as well as enduro and mx. Great info on this forum, ultimately a great deal $ wise sent me to the Merida, done around 100km this week , and its great. Loving the technical uphill climbing, not to mention the descent reward. Have to say Id love the cut point to be 30 rather 25 km/hr , as in the USA....
Happy to hook up for a ride with anyone local to me.
As with others i dont like the LHS bar set up, so an under the bar dropper lever and E6010 controller is on the cards.
I also want to get a bottle mounted somehow.. any suggestions on this?
merida.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi SS63. Welcome.

Nice bike! I have the 800 version. I don't think there are any 900e's left in NZ. They're like hens teeth. I guess we'll see the 2019 version before long.

We can get 32 Km/hr in NZ. It is a lot better. 25Km/hr is just not fast enough. You reach that speed so quickly - especially on the road.

Not sure there is anywhere to mount a bottle. I had the same issue with carrying a folding lock. I've ended up strapping it to the top tube (on top) when I need it - but not on the trails of course.

Oh -that's interesting that you get 32km/hr in NZ. Is speed controlled by the controller or is there a chip in the motor??
I'm told the '19 versions of the 800 will only be available in dec. In Australia., and the 900 in October. XL frames a '19 thing apparrently

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
A Shimano tech has to do the speed upgrade. I presume it's just a tweak to the software. I guess they keep it well protected. Shame.

Enjoy your bike. I might have been tempted to get a 900 if I could find one here. But more than happy with my 800 which is plenty of bike for someone of my ability (and age :))

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles