Rail (625Wh) New Trek Rail 2020-2021 Service Manual Supplement

IMeasureStuff

Aug 9, 2020
Australia
Trek have a new Rail 2020-2021 Service Manual Supplement

It has some excellent information, diagrams and part codes.

This should be a sticky post at the top of the page. It includes...

1. Inspect the Knock Block components
  2. Install the Knock Block and Kiox mount in the headset
  3. Rear derailleur hanger
  4. Frame guards
  5. Cable routing
  6. RIB system without alignment plate
  7. RIB system with alignment plate
  8. Bosch drive unit removal/installation
  9. Suspension hardware
  10. Dropout hardware
  11. Specifications

Attachments

• TK_Rail_MY20-21_ServiceManual_Rev1_EN_US_2021-06 (1).pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,398

IMeasureStuff

Aug 9, 2020
Australia
Thansk for the info.
I didn't knew about the alignment plate. I haven't got one on my bike. Is this a new feature to prevent battery pop out ?

Yeah it must be a new thing to stop the battery falling out. I wonder if it's going to be sold as a kit. It would make sense, as it's a fairly common issue.

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
The alignment plate W5252805 can be found online.
But on my bike i have the cables on top of the battery, whereas in this manual it looks like the go under the alignment plate underside the battery ?

IMeasureStuff

Aug 9, 2020
Australia
The alignment plate W5252805 can be found online.
But on my bike i have the cables on top of the battery, whereas in this manual it looks like the go under the alignment plate underside the battery ?

What year Rail are you running? All the rails I have seen run the cables as shown in the manual.

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Yeah it must be a new thing to stop the battery falling out. I wonder if it's going to be sold as a kit. It would make sense, as it's a fairly common issue.

My problem isn't the battery popping out, but the battery momentarily disconnecting (and powering off the drive unit) when on a bumpy descent. It typically happens at least once on 3 out of 4 rides.

Trek (we have a corporate-owned store nearby) has already tried adjusting it once, I haven't been back to tell them it's still happening but will be visiting later this week, see what they have to say about the plate - at a glance it looks like the plate would help, though unless the existing lower and upper docking brackets have threaded holes to accommodate the button head screws (item #2 on the w/alignment plate diagram), a refit kit would need to include new docking brackets as well.

IMeasureStuff

Aug 9, 2020
Australia
Yeah I had a look at the part numbers and it is more than just the plate that is new. When you take your bike back to trek, get them to also check that all the bolts on the battery are correctly tightened. Some of mine came loose.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
This is problem

4AB93138-0F51-4592-85ED-0CA6B5F3C7BB.jpeg

4FF625DA-F234-4D73-9212-9ED0D7C1EDB7.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles