New to forum, just wanted a source for serious discussions on e-mtbs

North woods gal

Mar 21, 2023
north woods of Wisconsin
I'm an old grandmother in her 70s, but still hardcore as ever in my riding. Still ride mostly on upright bikes and recumbents without motors, but have found going e on both recumbents and my upright bikes to be another valuable tool in the tool box. My current e-mtb is a 2022 Specialized Turbo Levo SL. Just love the SL concept. My SL rides like my other FS mtbs and I ride it without the motor, mostly, but what a joy it is to have that assist when I want it.

Reason I joined up is that I found it impossible to have a discussion on e bikes on a certain mountain bike forum without getting trolled by the e-bike haters. Made it impossible to have a discussion on specific features of various types of e-mtbs. To those haters, all e-bikes and all e-bikers are the same. Sure I will get some great info, here, though.

Mikeeb

Nov 24, 2022
Jockland ( central)
I'm an old grandmother in her 70s, but still hardcore as ever in my riding. Still ride mostly on upright bikes and recumbents without motors, but have found going e on both recumbents and my upright bikes to be another valuable tool in the tool box. My current e-mtb is a 2022 Specialized Turbo Levo SL. Just love the SL concept. My SL rides like my other FS mtbs and I ride it without the motor, mostly, but what a joy it is to have that assist when I want it.

Reason I joined up is that I found it impossible to have a discussion on e bikes on a certain mountain bike forum without getting trolled by the e-bike haters. Made it impossible to have a discussion on specific features of various types of e-mtbs. To those haters, all e-bikes and all e-bikers are the same. Sure I will get some great info, here, though.
I’m a bit of a newbee here too , but been fannying about o 2 wheels since 1963 😀
but recently , but well since covid and my retirement, got into E-bikes
built 11 bafang motored conversion bikes kept 3 of them , a 26 fat salsa mukluk , a voodoo zobop ( 27.5 , 5” travel mtb ) and a cannondale prophet ( 26” 5” travel mtb ) all of these have 750 w 48/52v motors and are great fun , but heavy to lift over gates and fences etc
so, I bought a few 250 w ( uk /eu legal ) bikes , just to see what they’re like , first was a cube action team 160 , Bosch gen 4 ( v8 ) motor , bit of app tweaking and , love it
next up a voodoo E-zobop , shimano E7000 motor , hmmm it’s probably classed as a Mid-powered E-bike , but it rides and handles very nicely , just lacks oooomph
bike 3 is an other cube stereo hybrid , a 29” in this case but the lower spec 140 pro
I like this bike , it rolls well , it needs de-restricter , ( vollspeed in the post ), but shows promise
anyway
rock up and get involved , share your experiences, stories etc please

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
My insurance policy is a pair of Windcheetah recumbents. When I can't ride upright I'll ride the WIndcheetah. I have always thought it would be cool to rent an Azub in Europe and ride the wonderful dedicated paved paths there.
Northwoods of WI?

Last edited:

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
Oh, cool! Another trike person here. I like it. I ride my Scorpion on gravel, don't do gnarly stuff. Only snag is some of the bike passages are a bit narrow. (But I got a key, don't tell the feds). Love your Azub.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Welcome! I got into biking because of the Specialized Turbo Vado SL. Now I will be picking up my new e-mtb very soon!

Congrats on the Levo SL. I’m not surprised you love it. :)

North woods gal

Mar 21, 2023
north woods of Wisconsin
Thanks folks.

We are very fortunate to have paved rural, light traffic roads to ride our recumbent trikes. This is serious snow country, so most rural roads are paved, rather than gravel, for the sake of long term maintenance and snow removal. When I do ride to town (5 miles) or on busy roads, I ride one of my upright bikes for the sake of visibility, both mine and the drivers. Our little town uses angled parking, which makes it almost suicidal to ride one of my low slung racing trikes for trips to town. For those not familiar with this breed of trike, here's my ICE VTX next to my Azub Fat for comparison.

Nope, for town work and traffic, the new Turbo Vado will get the call, not a trike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles