New tires for Cube 160 27.5'

Stackalot

Jun 22, 2021
Hampshire
I replaced the DHR Minion with a high roller (ebike specific) that worked well but I liked the Assegai so left it on, could consider an Ardent. If he is doing just XC he may get away with light weight XC tyres. Ebikes tend to hit stuff at higher speed, with more weight and more tyre loading in corners, I'd suggest not going too light weight, particularly if derestricted.

Upnorthbiker

Oct 9, 2019
Sunderland UK
I have the same bike and just replaced the tyres. The max grip that came on the bike were hard work, good in the mud bot not on hard trails or tarmac. I went with minion DHF and DHR2 both exo tr. total game changer for the trails I ride. . Bike has good rolling speed, battery lasts longer and I can keep up with my mates. They were a bit lighter as well.

nik4o77

Jan 24, 2020
Bulgaria
I have the same bike and just replaced the tyres. The max grip that came on the bike were hard work, good in the mud bot not on hard trails or tarmac. I went with minion DHF and DHR2 both exo tr. total game changer for the trails I ride. . Bike has good rolling speed, battery lasts longer and I can keep up with my mates. They were a bit lighter as well.
Mine ( CUBE PRODUCT ARCHIVE | Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC Race 625 27.5 lunar´n´grey) came with the same setup like yours and I am very satisfied for the first 500 km.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles