New Steed - Norco VLT

Smac21

Oct 28, 2018
Brisbane Australia
Picked this beauty up this afternoon. Feels amazing....off for a ride in the morning, will do a review after a couple of rides

D39704F1-1DA7-4A00-A872-97061142C42B.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Quick off the mark landing one of the VLT's! Take it your over the pond?

Mesa

Nov 12, 2018
SO Cal
Wow the frame looks great and different from most ebikes. Sounds really interesting that you compared so many. Especially with this NORCO design's geometry differences.

I am still a learning curve, pre buy, spec absorber...but. The 165 cranks and less seat post angle sound great for my 5'11" frame to get on a Large size. Please update us if your initial impressions are strong or some issues that might help us.

Choose your language and region | Norco Bicycles

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I had a 2013 Norco Sight 1 for three years. I had to replace the pivot bearings about every 6-8 months throughout that period. I don't use a jetwash. Unless of course Norco have changed the way they protect their pivot bearings, just be careful.
Whyte by contrast have a lifetime guarantee on their pivot bearings - so it can be done.

Smac21

Oct 28, 2018
Brisbane Australia
Cool. Did you get a good deal on the vlt?
Sort of, was happy with the price, but been pretty pissed off since as the rear shock failed after 3 rides. I have had to pay for my own postage back to Sydney for repair or replacement and am yet to see my rear shock back. Pretty disappointing all round really, Norco don’t care either

Phantomtracer

Sep 24, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hopefully that all gets sorted quickly. Bike looks great, this is on my short list for an ebike. Also looking at the Rocky Mountain powerplay. Let us know how it feels once you get it running. Love those short chain stays.

jray17

Sep 19, 2018
California
A little bit but not as much as I would've liked. I didn't have much leverage as it was the only large on the west coast most likely until May. It was worth pulling the trigger on though.

corkster

Jun 29, 2018
Australia
Sort of, was happy with the price, but been pretty pissed off since as the rear shock failed after 3 rides. I have had to pay for my own postage back to Sydney for repair or replacement and am yet to see my rear shock back. Pretty disappointing all round really, Norco don’t care either
Hey mate, how did you go with NORCO and the rear shock. I am seriously considering one, but your experience is concerning. cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles