New owner - mudguard advice

Hairsy

Dec 4, 2020
Christchurch, Dorset
Hi,

I am new to the forum so hello.

I have just ordered a Cube Reaction Hybrid Race. Very exciting.

I am a fan of front mudguards on my mountain bikes (it's OK, I've never been cool). The Cube website tells me that the bike will come with mountings for mudguards. I'm keen to get something that will make use of those mounts, rather than my usual cable tie approach.

A bit of googling has not yet led me to anything appropriate. The closest was the RRP ProGuard Bold On but that doesn't list Rockshox as a compatible fork (my bike has Rockshox Judy Silver).

Can anyone recommend a suitable front mudguard?

Thank you.

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Welcome!
Cube do some pretty good mud guards, have you had a look on their website?
Here’s a pick of my clockwork from a few years back. Not the prettiest, but get the job done.

553845D2-89EB-4934-BB3F-A1E1A3E55DF2.jpeg

Hairsy

Dec 4, 2020
Christchurch, Dorset
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've had a look at Cube's website but I can't find any that specifically say that they will use the mounts. Seems a shame to have the mounting system and then still use cable ties!

Hairsy

Dec 4, 2020
Christchurch, Dorset
For those interested, I dug out an old seat post mounted mudguard for the rear and then bought a Crud XL Fender for the front. I'm really pleased with how they've done. Picture taken after 34km with a fair amount of muddy sections.

IMG_0311.JPG

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Ummm On my bike.
Here they are on my old bike.
Important on the rear guard is to mount it high enough that it doesn't get hit by the rear wheel when you hit a bump. I initially mounted mine under the top tube and smashed it off. It should have been obvious I guess.
1608192306976.png

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
You can try mudguards from Mudhugger. It's a little bit expensive, you know, but you have the option to design and order your own decals for this. The mudguards are black but you can put those decals. The Vorova has an online software to design with milions of posibilitiea. Also the mudguards are the best ones, maybe a little bulky but will protect from mud on your back :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles