new owner KTM Macina 2016

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
just got this mtb my first e bike I think its a bosch performanceline gen 3 CX ? comes with a bosch 500 powerpack
it rides ok motor chimes in on eco/tour/sport/turbo
the bike is "very tired" with 4mm up and down play on the pedal crank so new bearings I guess ?
can this be done at home & where to get required bearings ?
I do maintain my Husqvarna TE 450 so am willing to have a go
any special tools ?
items to watch out for ?
I am in Gwynedd North Wales all input gratefully received

KTM 28 12 22.jpg

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
That's it gen 2 motor and there does exist a bearing service kit for the right side.
Performance line bearing has more complete kits that do the left side to.
It's pretty straightforward to do with the good manual and the videos on yt from performance line bearings

I've done it myself on my previous bike and it's night and day difference

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
That's it gen 2 motor and there does exist a bearing service kit for the right side.
Performance line bearing has more complete kits that do the left side to.
It's pretty straightforward to do with the good manual and the videos on yt from performance line bearings

I've done it myself on my previous bike and it's night and day difference
Hi thanks for the reply this is all new to me so still learning "sante"

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Wow that doesn't look to good.
When I did mine I had a bit of rust on the bearings, but the grease on the big sprockets inside where clean

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
"even the hamster has disintegrated somewhere in here"
I will report all progress "watch this space"................................................

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
I took my motor to Cogsygogs at Llandwrog near Caernarfon LL54 5TG (07796023031) as the right engine case bearing recess was beyond repair
here I met Neil he inspected the rest of my motor ordered & fitted all required bearings/components
also gave my very tired bike a full front to rear service
I now have a silky smooth EMBT which is a joy to ride !
as a first time customer I highly recommend Neil who gave me constant updates and price estimates
" next comes motor de restriction" to be continued ....................................
"very happy of North Wales"

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
HELP I have a serious situation with my 2016 KTM Macina as I cannot get the seat post out of the frame at all
I have tried persuading it as much as I dare with a wood drift and hammer just wont budge !
"are these posts welded in at the factory "
any riders have a way to remove this item ?

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
Going on the motor, it's probably just stuck ..

Dribble wd40 down it and wait. Then possibly some heat to the outer tube and try to wiggle it out ?

Not sure if the bike was upside down if you could get any WD40 into the bottom of the tube at the motor end or not ?
Hi M thanks for the reply I will try some wd with the bike upside down and TRY to be paitent

dynamic

Dec 28, 2022
LL52, Gwynedd
sucsess with great help from Neil at Cogs y Gogs cogsygogs.co.uk the seatpost became free
myself holding (trying) the bike down while Neil twisted and pulled at the saddle after much frame flex and sweat "from me" the post was removed thank you Neil
PS no strong words were used during this delicate operation !

K 1.jpg K 5.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles