Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
You just have to be clear in advance about what and with whom you want to ride. I bought the Levo SL mainly to ride alone, also because I'm the only one in my area with an eBike. Nevertheless, I've ridden the SL a few times in a group with "normal" bikers and it's integrated very well. You have to limit the support quite a bit.

Losiak

May 26, 2022
Szczecin
I heard rumors form LBS that New SL is coming in next year March probably :)
Of course just rumors :)
Maybe Spesh is doing some last minute changes due new TQ motor for EXE and Fazua 60

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I’ve got a 2018 Kenevo and have recently bought an H30 Rise, mainly to have something with much greater range than my Kenevo, which I still enjoy riding. I’ve done a few rides with folk on full fat bikes and keeping up with them depends on what power they are using. Most use trail (full Lego) most of the time, to get decent range and because Turbo is overkill most of the time. On my Rise I ride in boost most of the time and this seems to match those riding in trail on full fat EMPBs. Last week whilst in the UK I hired a Levo SL. I was impressed, it felt even more like an analogue bike than the Rise (SL was a carbon model), maybe also because it was a size small (my other bikes are mediums). Really lively and so easy to jump. TBH it didn’t feel any less powerful than my Rise, especially at lower cadence so the 35 torque and 65 torque figures for the two bikes are misleading. The cut off on the SL when one stops peddling is very abrupt and sensitive. A slight reduction on pedal pressure cuts the motor and feels like someone has put the brakes on. Otherwise, a great bike.

grock

Jul 15, 2022
I heard rumors form LBS that New SL is coming in next year March probably :)
Of course just rumors :)
Maybe Spesh is doing some last minute changes due new TQ motor for EXE and Fazua 60

Our local Specialized Experience Center (Colorado) told me "likely this Fall"

Last edited:

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I was wondering if we are sure that the engine of the Levo SL my 23 will still be a Mahle? Any info about this from Specialized dealers?

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Why buy an emtb? You can no longer pedal the same way as before on a normal mtb. At least that's what I thought.

And then you end up riding an emtb with your friends with a turbo. A lighter assistant emtb can't do it.

Was the original purpose of the purchase forgotten here? Or has your physical condition gone down so that a light e-mtb is not enough or has speed blindness struck?

These are the things I think about when I read these writings.

Can't quite tell if this is a serious post. Having reduced fitness (for whatever reason) is not a prerequisite to owning an emtb.

Full fat works best for me as my ebike rides are typically done when I have limited time. That means turbo up the climbs and get in as many laps as I can. The lightweight bikes just don't climb fast enough to be worth it. I almost always ride the eeb on my own, unless I'm towing my other half. Group rides are done on the regular bike.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Has anyone heard or seen anything? I'm giving serious consideration to going to the Pivot Shuttle SL, after two wonderful years on my 2020 SL Expert Carbon... but want to know what's in the pipe.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Has anyone heard or seen anything? I'm giving serious consideration to going to the Pivot Shuttle SL, after two wonderful years on my 2020 SL Expert Carbon... but want to know what's in the pipe.
Me too. I am thinking of going from my Rise to either the Shuttle Sl or the Fuel EXe or the (imaginary) new Levo SL If they increased the power.
I like the Fuel with the TQ except that it is slightly less power than the Shuttle SL with the Fazua.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Me too. I am thinking of going from my Rise to either the Shuttle Sl or the Fuel EXe or the (imaginary) new Levo SL If they increased the power.
I like the Fuel with the TQ except that it is slightly less power than the Shuttle SL with the Fazua.

More power is not necessarily better, but I trust the quality of the Pivot more so than the Trek. I've owned a bunch of Specialized Emtbs but I'm thinking that the Pivot may pull me away. Just need to know what the 23 SL is going to be.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
I got some info. The motor will be the same with total differenet inside. It would have around 50Nm. Will be lot quiter too. The battery stay the same and the GEO comes updated but not significitaly. thats the info i got from swiss. But who know for sure ;)
That would disappointing--that they can't get to 60 Nm.

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
I got some info. The motor will be the same with total differenet inside. It would have around 50Nm. Will be lot quiter too. The battery stay the same and the GEO comes updated but not significitaly. thats the info i got from swiss. But who know for sure ;)
Available as a spare part for the first generation?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
No new info ?

Well they have been working on this bike for sometime now.... too long I think. With the new developments from TQ I think the SL might be outdated before it even lands... I really hope not as I dont really want to move to another label for my electrics. But with the new ibis ebike (all my push bikes are ibis) I might have to get an ibis ebike for my electric needs.

So I really want to want this new SL, but it has so much more top end competition now. and might be too little too late.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
The thing with Spec usually is that as soon as they launch something, its available in stores.
I checked the new Trek and so far it is nowhere to find (pls correct me if I'm wrong).
So maybe not a practical issue.
But I am also waiting whats coming on the SL front. The both existing SL MTB models or to weird for my taste, each in it's own way. If the new kid will be anything like the acoustic Stevo with a decend weight I might queue up.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
No new info ?

Well they have been working on this bike for sometime now.... too long I think. With the new developments from TQ I think the SL might be outdated before it even lands... I really hope not as I dont really want to move to another label for my electrics. But with the new ibis ebike (all my push bikes are ibis) I might have to get an ibis ebike for my electric needs.

So I really want to want this new SL, but it has so much more top end competition now. and might be too little too late.
i would love to see an ibis emtb. But I haven’t heard or seen anything. Do you have any information or links?

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I’m happy with 35Nm. The likely difference between 50 or 60 Nm is not worth worrying about imo.

There have been some teething problems reported with TQ motors. I suspect that a lot of these new lighter bikes will be delayed.

I had a look at the Pivot the other day, pretty tidy but Specialized integration is a bit better imo.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
More power is not necessarily better, but I trust the quality of the Pivot more so than the Trek. I've owned a bunch of Specialized Emtbs but I'm thinking that the Pivot may pull me away. Just need to know what the 23 SL is going to be.
Same here. I am on a custom Levo SL. Never was 100% comfortable with the geo. Could get a sweet deal for the new Shuttle Sl but not for the new Levo Sl. So I probably will move on. But the app and customisation from Specialized is really cool. And the new Mastermind TCU ist the best of all.

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
It’s going to look the same as the kenevo so with the low shock , shorter travel and updated motor.
For me, the most important question is: Is the new motor quiet or at least quieter? And is it compatible with the old frame and the old battery? And will it be available in the after market?

35NM? Just enough!

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
For me, the most important question is: Is the new motor quiet or at least quieter? And is it compatible with the old frame and the old battery? And will it be available in the after market?

35NM? Just enough!
Yes it will be compatible but not sure about aftermarket availability and battery size.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles