New member from Milton Keynes

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
New member from Milton Keynes checking in.

I'm 31 years old and been riding BMX/skateboard for most of my life. Was slowly tailoring off due to joints aching a bit, so decided to take up MTB around 3 months ago with some mates from work. MK has some decent trails in it so we can go for a few hours during the week when we finish. I've done MTB my whole life too but only very casually and on simple routes e.g. Derwent Valley in the Peak District.

Been riding an analogue Vitus Sommet CRX 2016 model that I got for half price in a clearance sale. It's a great bike and it's never let me down. However I always feel like I could have got a lot more of the riding I want to do in (downhill) if I wasn't using all my energy/time pedalling uphills. :LOL:

Been watching a lot of videos etc and after watching Rob's review I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered a YT Decoy Pro CF Race yesterday evening. Looking forward to going further and more often, whilst enjoying the outdoors. :cool:

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Welcome, I'm sure you'll love it here (y)

simple routes e.g. Derwent Valley in the Peak District.

If you live in MK & you think the Peak District is easy your doing something very wrong ;)*

*Except Aston hill in this weather as it's sketchier than hell (n)

Duelsy

Oct 22, 2019
England
I'm from Sheffield originally so lived near the peak district for years. We only did basic routes though and just rented bikes most of the time, that way we could chill out and have a drink too. (y)

Never been to Aston Hill but will definitely check it out. Been mainly riding the Bow Brickhill trails, started out on the "endurance" style red line and no we're doing the proper trails on the other side. These ones:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles