New member from e-skating community

AetherGRs

Mar 19, 2023
Denmark
Hello from Denmark,

I've been an big fan of electric skateboarding for the past 2,5 years, i begun my journey in eskating by watching people build their own boards, and so i begun a 3 month journey of building my first diy esk8 with the help of an awesome e- skater community. Everything from components to the settings of my esc were carefully setup and planned thoroughly, and now i'm at a stage where i'm looking to transition towards e-biking.

This is my beloved e-sk8 which i've been riding religiously for the past 2 years, commuting to work or just leisure riding. It is a fast 70km/h beast, with around 35km range.

Stats for nerds:
Eovan carbon deck
150mm hota wheels
12s4p battery, P42A cells
Focbox Unity ESC (new version)
Smart BMS xiaoxiang
Boundmotor trucks and motor guards
Charger 5A
Flipsky BLDC Belt Motor Battle Hardened 6374 x2 190KV +16T motor pulley (loctited)
VX1 flipsky controller over PPT
Zealous green bearings
Bushings from riptide

IMG_20210829_143155.jpg

IMG_20220701_142942.jpg

i'm looking to build something that will replace it, be as fun and as fast. Unfortunately the weather conditions in Denmark are not ideal for skateboarding, since we only have 2 or 3 months of good weather annually, so i think it's time to migrate towards e-biking for all-weather commuting.

What i love particularly about eskating, is the flexibility to mix and match any parts to make your unique looking build. I love the customization options, the relatively simple number of parts, and how cheap it is overall to make something that is extremely fast, flexible/small to carry with you, and most of all to enjoy a maintenance-free PEV.

One thing that i definitely account towards eskating, is the ability to program and fully customize your ESC's behavior to your own taste unrestricted. I've noticed in my brief research that a lot of e-bike brands are using motors that are factory locked, or require proprietary connectors/cables/programming.

I will definitely not pick a motor or components that are locked due to some legislation or law. I've heard bafang has some versions that are fully programmable and unlocked, so i will start with that.

Overall, i'm very excited to start a new journey here and i hope that by the end of the trip i'm going to have a badass looking e-bike. 50% of the fun is building something and 50% riding it.

Cheers

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Hello from Denmark,

I've been an big fan of electric skateboarding for the past 2,5 years, i begun my journey in eskating by watching people build their own boards, and so i begun a 3 month journey of building my first diy esk8 with the help of an awesome e- skater community. Everything from components to the settings of my esc were carefully setup and planned thoroughly, and now i'm at a stage where i'm looking to transition towards e-biking.

This is my beloved e-sk8 which i've been riding religiously for the past 2 years, commuting to work or just leisure riding. It is a fast 70km/h beast, with around 35km range.

Stats for nerds:
Eovan carbon deck
150mm hota wheels
12s4p battery, P42A cells
Focbox Unity ESC (new version)
Smart BMS xiaoxiang
Boundmotor trucks and motor guards
Charger 5A
Flipsky BLDC Belt Motor Battle Hardened 6374 x2 190KV +16T motor pulley (loctited)
VX1 flipsky controller over PPT
Zealous green bearings
Bushings from riptide

View attachment 109551
View attachment 109553
i'm looking to build something that will replace it, be as fun and as fast. Unfortunately the weather conditions in Denmark are not ideal for skateboarding, since we only have 2 or 3 months of good weather annually, so i think it's time to migrate towards e-biking for all-weather commuting.

What i love particularly about eskating, is the flexibility to mix and match any parts to make your unique looking build. I love the customization options, the relatively simple number of parts, and how cheap it is overall to make something that is extremely fast, flexible/small to carry with you, and most of all to enjoy a maintenance-free PEV.

One thing that i definitely account towards eskating, is the ability to program and fully customize your ESC's behavior to your own taste unrestricted. I've noticed in my brief research that a lot of e-bike brands are using motors that are factory locked, or require proprietary connectors/cables/programming.

I will definitely not pick a motor or components that are locked due to some legislation or law. I've heard bafang has some versions that are fully programmable and unlocked, so i will start with that.

Overall, i'm very excited to start a new journey here and i hope that by the end of the trip i'm going to have a badass looking e-bike. 50% of the fun is building something and 50% riding it.

Cheers
Hi and welcome to the group.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
:LOL:

The 'Crazy Russian' Fantomas does, although on this occasion he does have a soft landing to practice on :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles