New member and bike from Reno, NV USA

cheater

Patreon
May 26, 2019
Reno, NV
Hey folks,

Glad to see there is an active community around EMTB and looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you.

I’ve recently upgraded to a 2019 Levo Expert from a 2017 Levo fsr comp I bought a couple years back. I haven’t taken it for a real ride yet since it’s actually been raining a lot (just watched @Rob Hancill ’s YT video on ridding in the rain ha! Def getting some of that gear, thanks ?).

I live in Reno, NV a few blocks from Peavine trails and about 30 mins from Lake Tahoe so lots of trails around here (all new to me).

This is basically my backyard:
iPhone image on 2019-05-26 at 11:15:00.jpeg

Looking forward to sharing some experiences and learning from others.

Cheers!

D52DB393-FE37-499F-9DC3-36B236A6966E.jpeg

9CB4C5CA-08DE-45B3-83B3-3F48BB3723B5.jpeg

Coming home! ? ? ❤️

PS: the 2017 Levo is for -sale- (sold!) ?

Last edited:

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
Hey folks,

Glad to see there is an active community around EMTB and looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you.

I’ve recently upgraded to a 2019 Levo Expert from a 2017 Levo fsr comp I bought a couple years back. I haven’t taken it for a real ride yet since it’s actually been raining a lot (just watched @Rob Hancill ’s YT video on ridding in the rain ha! Def getting some of that gear, thanks ?).

I live in Reno, NV a few blocks from Peavine trails and about 30 mins from Lake Tahoe so lots of trails around here (all new to me).

This is basically my backyard:
iPhone image on 2019-05-26 at 11:15:00.jpeg

Looking forward to sharing some experiences and learning from others.

Cheers!

View attachment 14186

View attachment 14187
Coming home! ? ? ❤️

PS: the 2017 Levo is for sale ?
Congratulations on the new purchase ?
I am located up on the N.shore of LT. Always looking for new ebike riders to ride with. What a crazy May we have had! Snow slowly going away. Welcome to the forum

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Welcome, "cheater"! Sweet looking new Levo. You live in a great place for riding. Should be beautiful up around Lake Tahoe once all the snow thaws (assuming we're not entering a new ice age).

We come up from SoCal to the Donner/Tahoe area every June and love the trails there. The pics below are from last year, but I'm not sure what will be open that early this year. Maybe Emigrant Trail and the Sawtooth Ridge area. Praying for warmer temps for ya.

Emigrant Trail heading to Stampede Reservoir -

Emigrant trail.jpg

Summit Lake near Donner Pass (accessed from the Donner Lake Rim Trail) -

Summit Lake.jpg

A view south over the Donner area from below Castle Crags. Heavenly Valley Ski Area is just visible on the other side of Tahoe in the distant background -

DLRT view.jpg

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
Welcome, "cheater"! Sweet looking new Levo. You live in a great place for riding. Should be beautiful up around Lake Tahoe once all the snow thaws (assuming we're not entering a new ice age).

We come up from SoCal to the Donner/Tahoe area every June and love the trails there. The pics below are from last year, but I'm not sure what will be open that early this year. Maybe Emigrant Trail and the Sawtooth Ridge area. Praying for warmer temps for ya.

View attachment 14243

View attachment 14244

A view south over the Donner area from below Castle Crags. Heavenly Valley Ski Area is just visible on the other side of Tahoe in the distant background -

View attachment 14245
Just rode the emigrant trail last week between storms. No snow just a little muddy in places. We need warmer weather lol

cheater

Patreon
May 26, 2019
Reno, NV

View attachment 14243

View attachment 14244

View attachment 14245

View attachment 14243

View attachment 14244

View attachment 14245

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing these :)

Please let me know when you are around this year, would love to ride.

I've been reading a bit about where class 1 e-bikes are allowed and I'm not sure how strict rules are especially around Tahoe so was a bit worried about it for the more popular trails. I have pretty flexible work hours so I was thinking about checking them mid week instead of riding during the week so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks again for the info and pics.

Cheers!

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing these :)

Please let me know when you are around this year, would love to ride.

I've been reading a bit about where class 1 e-bikes are allowed and I'm not sure how strict rules are especially around Tahoe so was a bit worried about it for the more popular trails. I have pretty flexible work hours so I was thinking about checking them mid week instead of riding during the week so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks again for the info and pics.

Cheers!
I wouldn’t be overly concerned about riding in the Tahoe area. I have Sunday Monday’s off so I’m up for rides on days off. Have been bike commuting when weather is good. Once the snow melts more a lot of trails will open up. I would be more than happy to you around ??

cheater

Patreon
May 26, 2019
Reno, NV
Just took her out for the first real ride since she got home. Bacon Strip in Peavine was a lot of fun and completely empty. ?

C103A160-C467-4AAC-930B-67352373FAAE.jpeg

533E6CDB-DF8A-4CDF-A84B-FEB8D1794049.png

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
@cheater I think we passed each other on Peavine last week. the view on your first picks look like you are really close to us. How do you like the new Las Brisas trail?

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
I wasn’t at peavine last week(probably working) Have wknds off right now. Gonna be warm this wknd. You riding somewhere ??

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
I wasn’t at peavine last week(probably working) Have wknds off right now. Gonna be warm this wknd. You riding somewhere ??
That was a reply to @cheater (hence tagging him) . I passed someone with a blue/orange Specialized.

I will prolly ride this weekend. I am looking to head down to Clear Creek at some point. I'd be open to some new options athough I would prefer not a busy spot. Truckee can be crazy on the weekends right now and I want to avoid that.

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
That was a reply to @cheater (hence tagging him) . I passed someone with a blue/orange Specialized.

I will prolly ride this weekend. I am looking to head down to Clear Creek at some point. I'd be open to some new options athough I would prefer not a busy spot. Truckee can be crazy on the weekends right now and I want to avoid that.
I replied cause I got a email lol. Do you have a you tube channel? Doing reviews on ski equipment?

cheater

Patreon
May 26, 2019
Reno, NV
@cheater I think we passed each other on Peavine last week. the view on your first picks look like you are really close to us. How do you like the new Las Brisas trail?

yep that was me, I live on peavine creek rd and ride from two houses down all the way to peavine trails via dirt roads only.

I really like las brisas and it’s part of my somewhat daily quick ride after work when I can get out.

peavine is not the most glamorous place to ride around here but it’s very accessible and still something I enjoy during week days.

considering the COVID situation I’ve been trying to avoid people as much as possible so I’ve stayed away from other places I usually ride.

anyways stay safe out there and hopefully things will get better soon. ?

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
yep that was me, I live on peavine creek rd and ride from two houses down all the way to peavine trails via dirt roads only.

I really like las brisas and it’s part of my somewhat daily quick ride after work when I can get out.

peavine is not the most glamorous place to ride around here but it’s very accessible and still something I enjoy during week days.

considering the COVID situation I’ve been trying to avoid people as much as possible so I’ve stayed away from other places I usually ride.

anyways stay safe out there and hopefully things will get better soon. ?
I am just off of Robb right below the new access trail. Lets keep the lines open.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles