Levo Gen 2 New Lupine SL X for Brose....

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I installed the new Lupine SL X this week and did a ride with it the other night. Unlike previous wired lights, I had zero motor failures, which is a HUGE improvement. Also, the light is exponentially brighter at 1800 Lumens than the previous models. If you night ride, this is the absolute best choice out there for a hard wired light system!
Lupine sl x 1.jpg
lupine sl x 2.jpg
Lupine sl x 3.jpg

Lupine SL x 4.jpg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
That's impressive, where'd you buy from? Did it come with the necessary cables?

Cheers

It comes with everything including the cables. It has mounting hardware, you need to specify handlebar size, and the remote and power cable are hard wired. I purchased it directly from Lupine NA... at www.lupinenorthamerica.com They are great folks and their customer service is excellent. Basically all you need to do is run the cable through the frame, to the motor and plug it in. I have a 2020 Levo Sworks and the only thing that I needed to do was drill out the wire sleeve where it goes into the frame as the existing hole is too small for the cable end. There is an input built into the Brose motor that this light plugs into. There is a remote that sits next to the right grip on the bars to control true high low beam, which is different from most lights which are brighter or less bright. This is particularly helpful when riding as I'll kick on low beam when descending and high beam when climbing...

Last edited:

zipped_

Aug 18, 2021
FI
Inspired by this post, I got myself a Lupine SL X for Turbo Levo Comp 2021. Now I'm planning on installing the light by myself, if the process is as straightforward as discussed here (and in a few other threads). Before I start taking my bike apart, I'd still like to check a few things, though.

When installing the cables, did you need to take out the motor, or was it enough to open the non-drive side cover? If motor removal is needed, then I might still opt for using a local shop for the installation...

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Inspired by this post, I got myself a Lupine SL X for Turbo Levo Comp 2021. Now I'm planning on installing the light by myself, if the process is as straightforward as discussed here (and in a few other threads). Before I start taking my bike apart, I'd still like to check a few things, though.

When installing the cables, did you need to take out the motor, or was it enough to open the non-drive side cover? If motor removal is needed, then I might still opt for using a local shop for the installation...

No, you don't have to remove engine. I have installed same light around year ago.

BalckBeauty

Sep 22, 2022
USA
How do you like the beam pattern? I love the idea of the SL X , but I can’t get past the sharp transitions in intensity. Is it like that in real life or are photos not doing it justice?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
How do you like the beam pattern? I love the idea of the SL X , but I can’t get past the sharp transitions in intensity. Is it like that in real life or are photos not doing it justice?

I've used mine for three years and love it.... I also run a helmet light, that's your perfect combination.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
I just installed Lupine SL F to my Turbo Levo and have to say that I'm really happy with it! Picture is from first test ride when I didn't put my helmet light on, but I rode it yesterday with my Exposure Sirius on my helmet and it's perfect compo!
thumbnail_IMG-2842.jpg

mmcaleer

Sep 30, 2022
Texas
I've used mine for three years and love it.... I also run a helmet light, that's your perfect combination.
Which headlight are you using? How many lumens do you feel you need on the helmet to compliment a handlebar mounted light? Shopping for them now.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
The controller plugs are on the non drive side behind a cover that you need to take off the crankarm to really get at the goods.

That light is awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles