Fuel EXe New hpr 50 firmware - ammersee

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Just received an email from tq about a new firmware for the hpr 50 system, see below

1709194764297.png

1709194791199.png

wizard604

Jul 30, 2022
Vancouver
I received same email from TQ and had the firmware updated today as well as installed the new TQ app v1.4

I can see max speed assist function, but the app doesn't display the software versions of the different components. Just shows NA

Anyone else experiencing the same?

rdv

Jun 7, 2023
California
I received same email from TQ and had the firmware updated today as well as installed the new TQ app v1.4

I can see max speed assist function, but the app doesn't display the software versions of the different components. Just shows NA

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Hoping there's more to it than convenience tweaks. Please let us know if you learn/discover more, particularly with respect to ebike performance.

wizard604

Jul 30, 2022
Vancouver
Hoping there's more to it than convenience tweaks. Please let us know if you learn/discover more, particularly with respect to ebike performance.
I've only been able to get it out for a commuter ride as most of our trails are still snowed in. The only difference I have been able to notice so far is that the low speed (under 20W) flutter seems to be almost gone now. I suspect they have also made other tweaks but won't be able to tell till I get it out on the MTB trails

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've only been able to get it out for a commuter ride as most of our trails are still snowed in. The only difference I have been able to notice so far is that the low speed (under 20W) flutter seems to be almost gone now. I suspect they have also made other tweaks but won't be able to tell till I get it out on the MTB trails
Someone on Facebook said that the delay when the range extender battery handed over to the main battery was also reduced

rdv

Jun 7, 2023
California
Any further developments or insights to report on?
I had the Ammersee update done on my Domane+ by the local Trek shop and also see the (pointless, to me) speed reduction option and NA for all component firmware versions. Can't tell that any aspect of performance has been improved.
Characteristic of TQ's seeming indifference to continued support.

ATLI

Aug 24, 2021
France
After this update, I didn't find any very noticeable difference.
for me, I always notice an undervaluation of the cyclist's power, and assistance which does not intervene before 80w displayed, which is worth 100w real.
That, I don't understand?....

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I'm not noticing many differences, the main improvement is that the delay in switching from drawing power from the range extender to drawing from the main battery is noticeably reduced.

The motor assistance seems slightly smoother too.

I wouldn't rush to update if you haven't had it done yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles