New here in Montana

LemonTwist

Dec 16, 2019
Bitterroot Valley, MT, USA
Doing my due diligence before plopping down the serious $$ for an EMTB. Currently looking at the Trek Rail 7, Giant Rein, and Specialized Levo Comp. Difficult decision ahead. It's Winter here in Montana, so have a couple months before it makes any sense to buy. Plenty of time to research and visit semi-local bike shops.

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
Doing my due diligence before plopping down the serious $$ for an EMTB. Currently looking at the Trek Rail 7, Giant Rein, and Specialized Levo Comp. Difficult decision ahead. It's Winter here in Montana, so have a couple months before it makes any sense to buy. Plenty of time to research and visit semi-local bike shops.
We live north of you in Alberta and the thing I find about e-bikes you don't want to hang your bike up for the winter - my regular giant trance would be put away for a couple of months by now but I try to get out on my levo comp every day - I asked almost the similar question about the specialized, giant and trek on this forum in early fall and you will get a lot more knowledgeable responses than mine but you just need to get on all 3 bikes and that was the moment for me - but everybody is different, brother-in-law went with the Giant and is just as happy - our local bike shop sells all 3 brands and has yet to have a brose motor failure reported but I just finished reading a thread about that, but as you go to all the forum sections each brand has its moments over this or that - hope I just didn't jinx myself, we have warm chinook winds blowing in today and can't wait for a long Sunday ride - good luck on your choice you have fantastic e-mtn- biking possibilities in Montana that I hope to check out in the new year

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Alright Welcome(y)

I ride a Giant E-Trance. What a competent beast(y) The Yamaha motor is certainly not the lightest but doesn't have any plastic gears or belts

For sure, let us know what ya get

Joe :coffee:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles